First-Year engineering advisors will offer both in-person appointments and virtual appointments for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
If you are a prospective first-year student (coming to college for the first time out of high school) you can email your questions to: email@example.com. If you would like to set up a time to meet with an advisor, feel free to contact us through the advisor contact info listed below. Starting Fall 2019, all first-year students will be General Engineering students and will declare their engineering major of choice by the end of their first year. One exception to this are students in the Ecampus 4-year CS program or CS Post-Bacc Ecampus students. CS Ecampus students should contact an advisor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
If you are a prospective Transfer student, you can reach out to an advisor in your major. The websites for advising are listed under “Advisors for Returning and Transfer Engineering Students” at the bottom of this page.
First-year advising mission
We serve and support first-year students in the College of Engineering with regular collaborative interactions in order to:
- Provide a compass for the academic and career exploration process by challenging students to examine the links between their goals, values, and interests;
- Help students navigate complex university structures by explaining and applying procedures, policies, and processes;
- Assist in the successful transition to college by encouraging students to access appropriate campus resources and extracurricular engagement, and to feel included, empowered, and involved in a community of engineering scholars.
Scheduling an appointment/how to meet with an advisor
In-Person and Remote Drop-In Times Announced at the Start of Each Term. (Refer to First-Year Engineering Canvas course for virtual drop-in form and details, if you are not enrolled in this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Where are the advising offices? Searchable campus map
- How can I find what courses are required for the major I am most interested in? Curriculum Guides
- What will my first-year experience look like? Engineering+
- What engineering majors are offered? Planning: Types of Engineering
- Where can I go for tutoring or academic support? Academic Support Resources
- How can I find out about Engineering Student Clubs or Organizations? Engineering Sponsored Student Organizations
- What policies in COE should I be aware of? Academic Progression Model