Like completing your degree, there are a few steps to complete. Registration is required for attendance:
- This is a public event. Participants will be photographed/videoed.
- You MUST register to participate.
- Check-in at Gill Coliseum on Friday, June 16th no later than 2:00 p.m.
- If you are not comfortable appearing in the video - cancel your registration. Please alert your guests that this is a live streamed event.
Important details about EECS Graduation Celebration
- School of EECS students who plan to participate must register to have your name read. Registration opens soon.
- Students who have graduated or will graduate Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Winter 2023, Spring 2023, or Summer 2023 can participate.
- Students are encouraged to attend the School Celebration on June 16 and the University Commencement Ceremony on June 17. Diplomas are only awarded at the university ceremony on June 17.
- This is a cap and gown ceremony. Graduation caps and gowns can be purchased from the Beaver Store, or borrow one from a friend. Be sure to order an orange tassel. Graduate students must also purchase a hood.
- Students can receive proofs of photos that they appear in by entering their contact information using the QR code. Photos are available for purchase from the photography vendor.
When you arrive at Gill on June 16 at 2 pm, check in, then join the other graduates who are lining up. Wear comfortable shoes. This is a cap-and-gown event. Parking is typically free in most lots, except metered/reserved parking spaces.
- 2:00 pm - Line up @ Gill Coliseum
- 3:00 pm - EECS Graduation Celebration Begins
- 5:00 pm - Reception @ Parker Plaza (by Reser's football sculpture)
Please contact us at least two weeks in advance should you or your guests need any special accommodations.
- Doors open at 2:30 p.m. Guests should arrive early and be prepared to wait out in the weather. Seating is first come, first served. Wear comfortable shoes; you will likely have to wait in line.
- Only clear bags are allowed in Gill Coliseum. Please refer to Oregon State Athletics' clear bag policy for specific information on bag restrictions. To speed entry into Gill, travel light.
- Do NOT bring these items to Gill. Refer to Oregon State Athletics' approved items list for additional information.
- Balloons – minimum fine of $150/balloon
- Wrapped gifts
- Please be advised, this is an athletics venue. Guest seating is not built for comfort.
- This is a public event. Participants will likely be photographed/videoed.
- There are no concessions. There is a brief reception afterwards.
- Empty water containers and unopened bottled water are permitted.
- Dutch Brothers is on 26th, across from the Coliseum.
- Parking is free in most lots except in metered/reserved parking spaces. Do not park in R1/R2 lots.
- Please contact us at least two weeks in advance should you need any special accommodations.
The Office of the Registrar can provide a Commencement Visa Letter to international students participating in the Commencement ceremony, in order for those students and/or their family members to obtain visas from their country's US Embassy. The Commencement Visa Letter verifies the student's graduation status, ceremony date and attendance information, and a list of invited family members.
This year’s keynote address will be delivered by alumna Sharada Bose (1984, B.S. computer science; 1988, M.S. computer science). She is the recipient of OSU’s first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alumni Legacy Award in 2020. A seasoned technologist from the Silicon Valley, her career spans corporate leadership roles as well as entrepreneurial ventures. Learn more about Bose in this story.