Ready to Apply?
To apply as a U.S. citizen and permanent resident:
U.S. citizens and permanent resident students complete the domestic application.
You will need to create an account and/or log into your existing account if you already have one.
- As you proceed through the application process:
Select the academic year that you wish to attend.
Select the “Transfer/Post-Bacc” application type.
In the “Academic Information” section of the application, you will clarify that you intend to apply as a post-bacc student, through “OSU Online (Ecampus).”
Indicate your preferred start term. Note that Oregon State has four terms per year: fall, winter, spring, and summer.
Choose “Computer Science” as your major.
Proceed with the remainder of the application.
In the “Statement of Objectives” section within the application, indicate how you satisfy the minimum requirements for admission and include anything else you would like the admissions committee to know about you. Please keep this to around 200 words. You will not be able to edit your statement after you submit your application.
Once you submit your application you will receive an OSU ID number. You will want to keep track of this number because you will need it when you email or call about your application.
Upload unofficial transcripts or have your transcripts from all previous colleges sent to Oregon State University. All transcripts must be received, without exception, prior to the deadlines shown above for the term in which you intend to enroll.
To apply as an International Student:
- Go to https://intlapps.oregonstate.edu/login
- At “First Step: Create Your Account”, create your username and password.
- At “Login to Your Application”, enter your username and password to login.
- Complete Step 1 of the application.
- In Step 2, select the following
- Application Level: Undergraduate
- Application Type: Post-baccalaureate
- Program Type: Computer Science Online
- Campus: Ecampus
- Choose Program: Ecampus Post-Baccalaureate-Computer Science (B.S.)
- Start Date: select your preferred start term
- Complete Steps 2 through 6, pay the $60 application fee and Submit
- You will receive an email from your application advisor on the next steps in the process within one week. If you have any questions, you may email the International Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Review the minimum requirements for admission.
- A 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any subject except computer science
- A prior undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.75, or equivalent.
Written and Oral Communication Requirements:
- At least one course to satisfy the writing requirement, WR 121 with a C or higher, or equivalent.
- At least one course to satisfy the communication requirement, COMM 111 or COMM 114 with a C or higher, or equivalent.
- If your bachelor’s degree did not require English as the medium of instruction, you must provide an approved English test score. Please contact International Admissions for information on approved English test scores.
|Writing and Communication Courses||Written English||
|Oregon State University Course Equivalency and Grade Requirements||WR 121 with a grade of C or above||COMM 111 or COMM 114 with a C or above|
|Math Course||College Algebra/Pre-Calculus||
|Oregon State University Course Equivalency and Grade Requirements+||MTH 111/112 with a B grade or above||MTH 241/245/251/252 with a C grade or above||Minimum test score of 3. Official score report must be submitted along with the application to the admission office.|
+Not sure if the course you took is equivalent to the above courses? Consult Oregon State’s Transfer Course search tool. Courses unavailable or marked as LDT or UDT on the search will go through evaluation to verify their equivalence to OSU courses. Please see the equivalents page for more information.
Please refer to the application notes at the top of the page for more information.
Application Terms and Campus designation:
- Select Ecampus Distance Education (Online Degrees) for OSU campus/location and select Computer Science for the Academic Major.
- Select the term you wish to apply for admission (Fall 2018, Summer 2019, etc.). Note that Oregon State has four terms per year: fall, winter, spring and summer.
All applicants must include a “Statement of Objectives” with their application. This is your personal statement. Please clearly indicate how you satisfy the minimum requirements for admission and include anything else you would like the committee to know about you. Please keep this to around 200 words. Please note you cannot change this after you submit your application.
- Once you submit your application you will receive an OSU ID number. Keep this number! When you email or call about your application, please use this OSU ID number.
Step 3: Have all transcripts from ALL accredited colleges and universities attended either uploaded to your application or sent to the Office of Admissions or Office of International Admissions prior to the deadline (see below) for each term. They can be email PDF or hardcopy mail. Once admitted you must send official transcripts in order to begin classes. All materials must be submitted prior to the deadlines below.
Be sure you have your online application and transcripts from ALL accredited colleges and universities attended submitted to the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline for the term you wish to apply:
|Term||Deadline to Apply||Admission Decision Release Deadline||International students only – Deadline to Confirm Admission||Admitted students: Date to expect your invitation letter from EECS with steps on how to get your registration PIN|
|Fall (Sept-Dec)||August 1||August 31||September 1||July 1-August 31|
|Winter (Jan-Mar)||November 1||December 1||December 1||October 1-December 1|
|Spring (Mar-Jun)||February 1||February 29||March 1||January 1-February 29|
|Summer (Jun-Aug)||May 1||May 31||June 1||April 1-May 31|
You will hear of your admission decision on a rolling basis no later than one month prior to term start. For example, if you apply for fall term you will hear of your admission decision no later than one month prior to the first day of fall term classes. You must attend the EECS Registration day to register for courses and confirm your admission.
Domestic Students: Note that you will receive an email from the Office of Admissions asking you to pay a tuition deposit fee. You DO NOT have to pay the $200 tuition deposit fee to reserve your spot. Completing the group registration day with your EECS advisor and registering for classes is how you confirm your acceptance of admission.
International Students: Note that international students must confirm their admission with the Office of International Admissions no later than one month after the deadline to apply.
To see when each term begins at Oregon State, check out OSU’s academic calendar.
Domestic students: To defer admission you will log back into your application and change your term of application. You must do this prior to the deadline for the term you wish to begin. For example, if you want to defer to fall term, log in and change your term of application prior to the application deadline for fall term, which is August 1.
International students: To defer admission you must reach out to International Admissions before the deadline for the term you wish to begin. For example, if you want to defer to fall term, you must reach out to International Admissions and change your term of application prior to the application deadline for fall term, which is August 1.
Step 4: Check the status of your application by logging back into your online application. You will receive an admission decision based on the timeline above.
- Domestic applicants can check the status of their applications by logging back into their online application. You will receive an admission decision based on the timeline above.
- International applicants can check the status of their application sending an email to their Application Advisor at intladmit@oregonstate and including their application number (for example, IN:A1234567Q)
Interested in taking one of our online CS courses, but don’t want to do the whole degree?
Non-degree seeking students who meet the prerequisites for the course may enroll in CS 162 and any 300 or 400 level CS course if there is space available. Priority goes to degree-seeking students.
Ready to sign up for non-degree classes? Follow these steps:
- Select which course you wish to take. Look at the course catalog to ensure you meet the course prerequisites. Note that CS 161, CS 225, CS 261, CS 271, and CS 290 are NOT open to non-degree students.
- Apply as a non-degree student through the Office of Admissions.
- Fill out the registration override petition. Be sure to include your unofficial transcripts to show you meet the prerequisites. If you need a math course to meet the prerequisite, you can try to meet it with the ALEKS placement test instead.
- We will start reviewing requests about one month before the term begins. If you meet the prerequisites, you will be granted an override and you will receive an email from EECSUndergrad.email@example.com with information on registering for courses. Note that non-degree students cannot register until one week before term begins as degree-seeking students have priority. Please note your registration override petition must be received prior to the start of classes for the term you wish to begin. You can find these dates on the Oregon State academic calendar.