Oregon State's strong institutional commitment to diversity and multiculturalism provides a welcoming atmosphere with unique professional opportunities for leaders from underrepresented groups. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who share our vision of an inclusive community. The College of Engineering ranks high nationally in terms of the percentage of women faculty, and the university actively supports dual-career opportunities.
Oregon State is a land grant institution committed to teaching, research, outreach and engagement. Its strategic plan promotes economic, social, cultural, and environmental progress for the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world. To further this mission, the College of Engineering aims to advance high-impact research; ensure excellent student learning; and develop a community that is inclusive, collaborative, diverse, and centered on student success.
OSU is located in Corvallis, OR, in the heart of the Willamette Valley, and is consistently ranked among the best places for work-life balance. It is a bike-friendly town with a riverfront pedestrian area, abundant outdoor activities, and easy driving distance from Portland, the spectacular Pacific coast, and the snow-capped Cascade mountain range.
Multiple Positions in Software Engineering
The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Oregon State University invites applications for multiple full-time, nine-month, tenure-stream faculty positions at all levels. We seek candidates with expertise in software engineering or closely related areas including high performance computing, software systems, and human-computer interaction, to complement our existing strengths in AI, cybersecurity, and robotics.
The School of EECS is home to
- World-class faculty: Among our faculty are one National Academy of Engineering member, 24 professional society Fellows, and 29 Young Investigator/CAREER Award recipients.
- Collaborative research centers: EECS faculty are active in the Collaborative Robotics and Intelligent Systems (CoRIS) Institute. The Jen-Hsun and Lori Huang Collaborative Innovation Complex, housing leading supercomputing facilities, is being built following a $200M investment.
- Transformational degree programs: We offer an MS track in Software Innovation, and MS and PhD degrees in Artificial Intelligence. Our online programs are highly ranked, including postbac, BS, MEng, and MS degrees in CS.
Applicants should demonstrate a strong commitment and capacity to initiate newly funded research. They should also aim to enhance and integrate with the current research endeavors within the OSU College of Engineering and other related fields. Additionally, a significant emphasis is placed on the applicants' dedication to providing high-quality education at both undergraduate and graduate levels. An essential part of their role includes mentoring students, with a particular focus on fostering equitable achievements among students from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented identity groups. A fundamental requirement for applicants is to possess a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or a field closely related to these areas.
Apply online at https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/146459; posting #(P07517UF) and include the following: A letter of interest; CV; a two-page statement of research interests; a one-page statement of teaching interests; a one-page statement on the candidate’s experiences with and future plans towards equity and inclusion; and names and contact information for at least three references. For full consideration, apply by January 1, 2024. Screening will continue until all positions are filled or until the posting closing date of June 15, 2024, whichever comes first.
Instructor/Senior Instructor (Remote)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by November 29, 2023. Applications will be accepted until December 20, 2023, or until the positions are filled. Please apply to: https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/145229.
The school is looking to fill faculty positions within the Operating Systems Programming focus areas. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date and reviewed up until all available positions have been filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
During the application process you will be required to upload the following electronic documents:
- A cover letter describing how your experience, qualifications, and interests have prepared you to teach at the university level in Operating Systems Programming
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A Statement of Teaching that MUST include:
- Your conception of effective teaching and how you developed that conception
- Specific teaching strategies you use and why
- Concrete examples of how you would implement those effective teaching practices in your teaching
- Description of one or two key moments where you changed or learned something new about your teaching practice
- After reviewing the OSU mission statement and the emphasis on diversity, please state how your background and experience has prepared you to be effective in an environment that values diversity. (Upload as Diversity Statement)
- Please Answer the following question:
Computer Science programs in the U.S. experience a higher rate of attrition among individuals from underrepresented groups. Please write a statement of up to one page detailing what issues you believe contribute to attrition among individuals from underrepresented gender or ethnic groups in Computer Science or other STEM fields. (Upload as Other Document 1)
Letters of Reference will be requested of finalists only. When applying, you will be asked to provide the email address and telephone number for three referees who will be sent a secure quicklink that will allow them to upload the requested letters of reference on your behalf.
For additional information on teaching for OSU’s Online Computer Science group, and links to the job postings, please visit the our Online Computer Science Faculty Positions website at https://engineering.oregonstate.edu/EECS/about/eecs-job-openings/online….
Additional information about the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science may be found at https://eecs.oregonstate.edu/. Please direct inquiries to Stephen Redfield, Search Committee Co-Chair at email@example.com or William Pfeil, Search Committee Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please contact:
Jonathan Rich, Jonathan.email@example.com