CCE as a Professional Community
In undertaking your studies in the School of Civil and Construction Engineering (CCE) at OSU, you are embarking on an academic path leading to entrance into a professional community where personal responsibility is the cornerstone of professional integrity. We are excited to have you join us here in CCE and look forward to your academic and professional growth. As members of this community, it is our responsibility to uphold the high standards required to maintain the integrity of the profession. We wish to honor those who exhibit the strongest professionalism, and do not wish the conduct of others to diminish your experience. In order to encourage and maintain an environment of professionalism and academic honesty, you should expect the following practices in CCE.
All students will abide by the OSU CCE Honor Code and Code of Student Conduct.
In the classroom, students should:
- Arrive on time
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Arrive prepared for class
- Refrain from disruptive behavior
- Listen attentively and respectfully to instructors, guest speakers, and university representatives
In OSU facilities (classrooms, laboratories, computer labs, buildings), students:
- Treat equipment with care
- Clean up after themselves and leave equipment & facilities in the condition found
- Report damaged/malfunctioning equipment to appropriate faculty/staff
At exam time, you may be asked to:
- Present valid OSU student ID
- Leave bags and personal belongings at the front of the classroom
- Turn off all personal electronic devices (cell phones, MP3 players, etc.)
- Use a calculator specified in your course syllabus
While representing OSU and CCE at conferences, affiliated group/club meetings, and events, students should:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Act as role models for the next generation of engineering professionals
The School of Civil and Construction Engineering is proud of your accomplishments to date and looks forward to your participation in the rewarding pursuit of civil service in the professional communities of civil and construction engineering and construction management.