Nuclear Science and Engineering
B.S. Engineering Physics (1983), Tsinghua University
M.S. Engineering Physics (1985), Tsinghua University
Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering (1995), Purdue University
At Oregon State University since 1998.
Fields of interest: thermal hydraulics and reactor safety, reactor engineering and design, multi-phase flow and boiling heat transfer, ALWR and IFR stability and safety, thermal hydraulics instrumentation.
- Assistant Professor, Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University (1985-1990).
- Research Associate, Nuclear Engineering, Purdue University(1995-1997).
- Member, American Nuclear Society Technical Exchange Delegation to China (1998).
- Visiting Scientist, Argonne National Laboratory (2001).
- Scientific Investigator, International Atomic Energy Agency, United Nations (2004).
- Member, American Nuclear Society. Institute of Multifluid Science and Technology.
- Technical Reviewer, Science Center of US Department of State.
- Best Paper Award, ANS Thermal Hydraulics Division (1997).
Partners in nuclear power
Is it possible to revolutionize nuclear power in the United States? Oregon State Nuclear Engineering Professor Jose Reyes cofounded NuScale Power to do just that. He's…