303E Dearborn Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
Dr. Tucker earned her B.S. in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Missouri – Rolla. She attended graduate school at the University of Wisconsin – Madison as a Naval Nuclear Propulsion Fellow, where she received her M.S. and Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering with a minor in Materials Science in 2008. After graduation, Dr. Tucker spent five years as a Principal Scientist at Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory in Schenectady, NY studying the thermal stability of structural alloys for nuclear power systems. She joined the School of Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering at Oregon State University as an Assistant Professor in 2013 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2019. In 2019 she was also appointed as the Director of the Interdisciplinary Materials Science Program at Oregon State. Dr. Tucker has an active research group focused on degradation of materials in extreme environments and alloy development. Her research efforts leverage both modeling and experimental approaches to gain fundamental understanding of materials performance.
Dr. Tucker’s research focuses on materials in extreme environments including corrosion, elevated temperatures and/or irradiation. Her research efforts leverage both modeling and experimental approaches to understand the degradation of steels and Ni-based alloys for energy systems and to develop new alloys to enhance safety and performance.
- J.H. Ke, and J.D. Tucker, First-principles study of 3sp impurity (S, P, Si, Al) effects on vacancy-mediated diffusion in Ni and Ni-33Cr alloys. Computational Materials Science, 214, 111768. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2022.111768
- N. Aerne, D. Sprouster, J.D. Tucker, The formation and evolution of Ni 2 Cr precipitates in Ni-Cr model alloys as a function of stoichiometry, Materials Science and Engineering A (Engineering: A (2022): 143930. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2022.143930
- S.C. Bozeman, O.B. Isgor; J.D. Tucker, Metallurgical characterization of 309L stainless steel claddings on carbon steel using wire-directed energy deposition, Surface & Coatings Technology, 444, 128698. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2022.128698
- L.Teeter, B. Adam, T.Wood , J.D.Tucker , “Comparison of the Corrosion of Materials in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide, Air, and Argon Environments,” Corrosion Science , (2021), 109752 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corsci.2021.109752
- B.M. Adam, J.D. Tucker and G. Tewksbury, Comparative study of the hot processing behavior in advanced Ni-based superalloys for use in A- USC applications. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 818, (2020) p.152907.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2019.152907
- J.D. Tucker, M. Miller, G. Young, Assessment of thermal embrittlement in duplex stainless steels 2003 and 2205 for nuclear power applications, Acta Materialia 87 (2015) 15-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2014.12.012
- L. Barnard, G.A. Young, B. Swoboda, S. Choudhury, D. Morgan, A.V.d. Ven, J.D. Tucker, Atomistic modeling of the order-disorder phase transformation in the Ni2Cr model alloy, Acta Materialia 81 (2014) 258- 271. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2014.08.017