IE MS (thesis) programs of study comprise a minimum of 45 credits, distributed as follows:
1. Thesis Credits
IE MS-Thesis students must complete 6-12 credits of IE 503 Thesis.
2. Core Coursework
IE MS-Thesis students must complete a minimum of six core courses of major coursework:
- IE 512: Information Systems Engineering (4 credits)
- IE 521: Industrial Optimization I (3 credits) or IE 522: Industrial Optimization II (3 credits)
- IE 545: Human Factors Engineering (4 credits)
- IE 570: Management Systems Engineering (4 credits) or IE 571: Project Management in Engineering (3 credits) or IE 575: Systems Thinking Theory and Practice (4 credits)
- IE 552: Design of Industrial Experiments (3 credits)
- IE 563: Advanced Production Planning and Control (3 credits)
3. Additional Coursework
MS-Thesis students are required to bring their coursework credit total to a minimum of 33 credits by choosing additional graduate-level coursework to complete their program of study. All courses on the Program of Study form must be approved by the student's major professor.
4. Transcript-visible Option(s) Coursework
MS-Thesis students may declare a transcript-visible option (see OSU Catalog for available options). Declaring an option is not required.
5. Transcript-visible Minor(s) Coursework
MS-Thesis students may declare a 15-credit minor from a program outside of Industrial Engineering. Declaring a minor is not required.