Dr. Apte’s research interests are in numerical simulations and modeling of multiphase turbulent flows. The Apte Research Group is currently working on development of advanced numerical algorithms and models for simulations of multiphysics turbulent flows using predictive numerical techniques such as direct and large-eddy simulations. Applications of current interest include turbulence in porous media, environmental particle-laden flows, sediment transport, sprays and spray systems.
- Visiting Professor and CNRS Research Scientist, Aix-Marseille Universite', Marseille, France, June-September 2019
- Adjunct Faculty, OSU Water Resources Engineering and Water Resources Science Graduate Programs
- ASEE Summer Faculty Fellow, Wright Patterson Airforce Base, 2010, 2011
- ORISE Faculty Researcher, NETL Albany, 2006–10
- Engineering Research Associate, Center for Integrated Turbulence Research, Stanford University, 2000–05
- At Oregon State since 2005