- Research Assistant Professor, Oregon State University, 2021 -
- Research Associate, Portland State University, 2019 - 2021
- Senior Research Assistant, Portland State University, 2012 - 2019
- Metallurgist, Evraz North America, Portland, OR, 2010-2011
- Visiting Scholar, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, 2010
Dr. Adam applies classical and mechanical metallurgy to research the intersection of process-property-structure relationships in advanced structural metallic systems. In his research he is utilizing both theoretical approaches such as Calphad-based modeling as well as applied and experimental techniques such as alloymaking, advanced characterization and high temperature materials testing.