[Eecs-news-links] MS/PhD opening @ TI

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Sep 12 13:01:40 PDT 2019

If interested, please contact Venkatesh Srinivasan <v-srinivasan at ti.com>
<mailto:v-srinivasan at ti.com>

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Career Opportunity @ TI
Date:   Thu, 12 Sep 2019 02:31:11 +0000
From:   Srinivasan, Venkatesh <v-srinivasan at ti.com><mailto:v-srinivasan at ti.com>
<snip>
 Our group has an immediate opening for a full-time analog/mixed signal design engineer role. Successful candidates will be designing high performance analog/mixed signal modules (frequency synthesizers) for TI’s mmWave transceivers. While PLL experience would be a plus, it isn’t a pre-requisite. We are looking for students with strong fundamentals and a willingness to learn. Attached is a brief job description.
 Could you please fan out the job description and request interested students to reach out to me with a copy of their resumes?

Thanks a lot!
 Regards,
Venkatesh

Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
 Job Description
 As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
As a design engineer, you’ll architect new TI products and make our customers’ vision a reality. Specifically, you will define, architect, model, design and document analog, mixed-signal and/or RF integrated circuits (ICs) for use in complex system-on-chips (SoCs). You’ll have the opportunity to work in the emerging and exciting area of single chip millimeter wave radar sensors. Using advanced CMOS technology, these sensors integrate an RF front-end with a DSP and MCU on a single chip. This opportunity involves designing analog/mixed-signal circuits for PLLs and frequency synthesizers for our next generation of transceiver products.
 Some of your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:

 ·        Partnering with system engineering teams to develop mutually agreeable design specifications

·        Innovating at the architecture and circuits level to ensure spec compliance and superior performance.

·        Designing and simulating circuits, creating necessary design documentation and providing design reviews

·        Supervising IC layouts to ensure a high-performance standard

·        Characterizing prototypes, developing test specifications and coordinating with test/product Engineering to drive product releases

·        Developing behavioral models as necessary

Minimum Requirements

·        Minimum Masters / PhD in Electrical /Electronics/Computer Engineering with specific emphasis on analog/mixed-signal and/or RF circuit design.

Preferred Qualifications

·        Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills

·        Strong verbal and written communication skills

·        Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions

·        Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery

·        Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships

·        Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment

·        Ability to take the initiative and drive for results