[Eecs-news-links] Quality Assurance Engineer - New Grad @ NASA Jet Propoulsion Lab (Pasadena, CA)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 9 12:30:09 PDT 2019

For more info, see:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1449533348/

New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.

Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.

Responsibilities

The Mission Assurance Office is seeking highly motivated recent and/or prospective graduates with high intellectual curiosity to join our team and aid in our quest to ensure mission success as we Dare Mighty Things! Quality Assurance Engineers provide technical and management support to programs and projects in the areas of mission assurance management, hardware and software quality assurance, reliability engineering, environmental assurance and component engineering.

Opportunities Are Available In The Following Organizations

  *   The Quality Assurance team ensures hardware and software products work in the extreme conditions of space by providing independent verification that the critical requirements are implemented accurately during fabrication, test, integration, and launch. Quality Assurance personnel certify that the hardware and software are acceptable to launch. Specialties include mechanical and electrical hardware inspection, procurement quality assurance, software modeling, cybersecurity, advanced inspection and electronics packaging techniques, nondestructive evaluation, counterfeit parts prevention, and software assurance research.
  *   The Reliability Engineering and Mission Environmental Assurance team provides work reliability for the entire length of the mission under all environmental conditions by providing requirements, analyses, testing, and validation for flight hardware reliability and environmental compatibility. This office provides mission-specific space environmental definitions, environmental analyses/testing, hardware design, and testing support for electromagnetic compatibility, and mechanical and electronics reliability analyses, as well as systems reliability assessments. This office also provides independent risk assessment of space environment and reliability issues.
  *   The Component Engineering and Assurance team develops and implements electronic parts programs that ensure high quality components perform as expected for JPL projects and instruments. This includes quality and reliability assessments and testing of passive and active Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts, components and assemblies; radiation testing and analysis services; failure analysis, destructive/non-destructive physical analysis, thermal cycling and extreme temperature testing; parts program management services; and parts acquisition support.
  *   The Systems Safety team is concerned with the protection of personnel, flight-critical hardware, and facilities. This office works to ensure the safe design of flight and ground hardware and advises JPL projects on how best to conduct safe operations and provide protection for employees.

Qualifications

JPL's New Grad program provides recent college graduates with opportunities to utilize knowledge obtained through their studies and gain related work experiences in alignment with their professional goals. To qualify for this program, students must be graduating this academic year from an accredited institution with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree and a minimum of a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA or have graduated with a Bachelor's or Master's degree within the last three years or within the last seven years with a PhD.

Work Authorization

Ability to Obtain Work Authorization

Connect with Us

Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.