[Eecs-news-links] ECE internship @ Power Development Solutions (Hillsboro, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri May 24 13:52:58 PDT 2019

Intern Position: EE Junior or Senior
Power Development Solutions, LLC, or simply PDS, in Hillsboro, OR is looking for a summer
intern.

PDS is currently at the point of releasing a new fully programmable controller product that is directed
towards automating the horticulture industry. A prototype of the product will soon be installed for
testing in a local greenhouse.

The product is designed to switch power on and off in response to multiple sensors that connect to it.
The basic release of the product will have two sensor offerings, a temperature sensor and a combined
CO2, humidity and temperature sensor. We are looking for an intern who would be up to the task of
developing new sensors and perhaps integrating them into a distributed network of zigbee satellite
modules. The sensors themselves use interfaces such as I2C, SPI, RS-422, RS-232, SDI-12 and One-
Wire. We are looking at using a simple processor platform similar to the Arduino for remote zigbee
interfacing. This person would be expected to work with our two software engineers but might also do
some programming based upon ability.

To apply for this position, please send your resume or other capabilities description to:
al at pds-design.com and copy george at pds-design.com