[Eecs-news-links] IT - Systems Engineer/Security Internship @ DAT (Beaverton, OR)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri May 24 06:35:54 PDT 2019
For information or to apply, visit:
IT - Systems Engineer/Security – 1 Position
Summary: DAT is currently looking for an Information Security Intern for their Corporate IT Department.. The Information Security Intern will support DAT’s Information Security Program, including maintaining adequate security controls and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets. The Intern serves as a supporting resource to daily monitoring activity to information Security management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must be available to work at minimum 24 hours a week
* Language skills: Excellent English written, grammar and verbal skills
* Computer skills: Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
* Soft skills:
* Team oriented but independent working style,
* customer focus and result driven,
* willingness to learn
* Ability to create, review, and edit technical documentation
* Basic knowledge of various security frameworks and standards
* PCI-DSS, SOX , HIPAA, GDPR
* NIST, ISO, OWASP
* General hands-on knowledge of general cybersecurity concepts
* Familiarity with industry standard Security hardware/software
* firewalls, intrusion detection systems,
* endpoint protection, anti-virus software,
* data encryption, DLP, SIEM and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review and update security related documentation
* Work with the Security Manager in assisting in security awareness initiatives
* Monitoring and evaluation of events found in IT Security logs
* Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of endpoint and AV clients
* Provide first level compliance monitoring and investigations.
* Assist with vulnerability scanning and reporting
* Research potentially malicious emails submitted by end users
* Perform compliance audits against institutionally accepted security controls.
* Assist in the record and tracking of IT security incidents
* Other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidate pursuing any one of the following certifications:
* Preference given to students enrolled with a concentration in
* Information Technology
* Computer Science.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links