[Eecs-news-links] Developer Support Agent (Tier 2) @ Salesforce

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon May 20 12:18:34 PDT 2019

To apply, visit:
https://salesforce.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Career_Site/job/Oregon---Hillsboro/Success-Agent---Premier-Developer-Support_JR35672

Developer Support Agent (Tier 2)
Job Category
Customer Success Group

Job Details
The Salesforce Premier Developer Support team is comprised of highly skilled technical engineers who have a passion for making customers successful. Our Success Agents pride themselves in delivering an unparalleled premium customer experience that leaves customers wanting and coming back for more. While our focus is on the customer, we also have fun as a team, and continuously give back to our community through the generous Salesforce 1-­1-­1 model.

Your Impact - Responsibilities: In your role as a Success Agent, you are the first point of contact for customers experiencing technical challenges. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:

    Assisting customers in troubleshooting their custom code, integration, and implementation of Salesforce products. This involves debugging, troubleshooting, and ensuring issues are fully resolved.
    Developing and maintaining technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality.
    Demonstrating exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving expertise.
    Providing feature explanation and Salesforce coding best practices.
    Managing customer expectations and the customer experience to maximize customer satisfaction.
    Actively maintaining and participating in job-related training activities.
    Demonstrating the ability to research, document, and prioritize customer issues, leveraging internal tools and escalation teams as necessary, as well as prioritizing and managing time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
    Multitasking and performing effectively under pressure.
    Creating and curating knowledge content.

Minimum Qualifications:
    Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with internship experience in a developer role.
    Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
    Clear comprehension of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
    Read, develop, and debug software with Java, C# or at least one modern object-oriented language
    Experience with reading/writing HTML and CSS
    Experience with Database concepts, Data management (RDBMS), and SQL
    Experience with developing Applications using SOAP and REST API's
    Experience working with scripting languages (e.g. JavaScript, JQuery, etc.) and Web Architecture Principles
    Experience with CLI (UNIX/LINUX)

Desired Qualifications:
    Master’s degree in Computer Science or computer/business information systems
    Experience with Salesforce and/or CRM applications and other cloud-based technologies
    Demonstrated skill in Customer Support or Customer Service in a customer-facing role
    Understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.
    Salesforce Certifications:
        Salesforce.com Certified Administrator (ADM201 Certified),
        Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator (ADM211 Certified),
        Salesforce.com Certified Developer (DEV401 Certified),
        App Builder Certified
        Developer 1

Posting Statement
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.

<snip>

I am an OSU CS post-bacc alumni and am currently a hiring manager at Salesforce.
I have several openings and am looking to hire people with profiles like new grads coming out of the OSU program.

I wanted to reach out and connect with you, to see if there is any way you can help spread the word about these openings or put me in contact with any new grads, or near-grads to share this opportunity.

https://salesforce.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Career_Site/job/Oregon---Hillsboro/Success-Agent---Premier-Developer-Support_JR35672

People I'm looking for have good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, have a good basic foundation of programming concepts and associated technologies (OOP, APIs, SQL, Javascript), and comfort working with people in a customer service capacity over the phone and via email (no inbound calling
- not a call center!)

As the hiring manager, I'm uniquely positioned to help candidates succeed, and I want to make myself available for any questions or discussion about the open positions.

Please let me know if we can connect and chat on this soon!
I am available by email at tstinghen at salesforce.com<mailto:tstinghen at salesforce.com> or at 971-330-7304

Best,

Tracy Stinghen
Senior Supervisor, Technical Support
Salesforce.com

--
Best,

Tracy Stinghen

Supervisor, Core Partner Technical Support
Global Customer Success Centers
Salesforce.com
tstinghen at salesforce.com<mailto:tstinghen at salesforce.com>
Mobile: 971-330-7304