[Eecs-news-links] Seeking senior EE, grad student, or recent grad @ Five Wire

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue May 14 13:03:01 PDT 2019

For more information or to apply visit the FiveWire website ( https://www.fivewirelogic.com/ ) or contact Ben Friedle (Ben at fivewirelogic.com<mailto:Ben at fivewirelogic.com> - (971) 322-6284<https://hangouts.google.com/?action=chat&pn=%2B19713226284&hl=en&authuser=0>).

Five Wire - Content Marketing
Can Be Remote
Five Wire is Based in Portland OR, Vancouver WA area

Seeking Senior EE Student, Graduate Student or Recent Graduate For Technical Content Creation

OVERVIEW
Having recently launched the Five Wire embedded systems debugging tool we are interested in hiring students to create content and experiment with the tool to show its full depth of abilities. The Five Wire is a hardware and software combination that provides a logical analyzer, live logic display, waveform generator, pattern generator, and protocol analyzer to automate and run tests.
GOALS

  1.  Create written content about real world experiments done using the Five Wire.
  2.  Partner with our marketing, manufacturing, and engineering teams to generate ideas.
  3.  Distribute content along with our marketing team to create publicity.

Technical Requirements
Experience with embedded systems (student level is OK).
●     Experience writing C code for microcontrollers, embedded processors, or DSP
●     Experience with a scripting language such as Python
●     Digital lab experience with logic and/or FPGA
●     Experience using an oscilloscope and logic analyzer
Ability to comfortably use the toolset as it exists (details can be found at www.fivewirelogic.com<http://www.fivewirelogic.com>). Ability to do some coding in the scripting language using libraries as well as custom code. Communication skills to document and share results of work in a written, pictorial and graphical way as needed.
Some knowledge of social media, and business writing. The marketing team will assist but you should be willing to produce content and revise based on editors’ notes.

Paid on 1099 basis and rate will be determined on a per candidate basis. Candidates will be selected based on qualifications and we have the opportunity to select how many hours they would like to work in the range of 8 to 30 a week.