[Eecs-news-links] Summer internship: DevOps Engineering Internship @ Cambia (Portland, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:58:38 PDT 2019

For information or to apply, visit:
https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25440/devops-engineering-internship/job

Overview
DevOps Engineering Internship
Portland, OR
This twelve-week internship is scheduled to start in May/June 2019

Responsibilities & Requirements
The DevOps Engineering Intern will participate in a team environment to design, configure, implement, maintain and monitor IT Infrastructure and tools. This role focuses on systems and database engineering. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.

We use the following technologies: Java and J2EE related technologies (JVM, JMS, and Servlets etc.), Oracle RDBMS -PL/SQL/MySQL/Postgres and DBA, OracleETL applications, Scheduling systems such as Talend, Autosys, Control-M, Hadoop/MapReduce, Linux, Scripting (Python, PERL, Shell, etc...), automated configuration management (Puppet or Chef) and exposure to build systems such Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Sonar, & Archiva.

At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.

Minimum requirements:

  *   Currently enrolled in a degree program specializing in Computer Science/Systems or a related field.
  *   Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience and/or have completed an internship
  *   Highly effective oral and written communication; ability to explain complex designs and relationships
  *   Demonstrated academic experience, including development projects, with one or more of the following key technologies: Java, J2EE, .NET, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com or other key technologies used by the team(s).
  *   Ability to automate systems administration tasks
  *   Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
  *   Able to take direction from others, ask appropriate questions, execute the direction and checking in when appropriate
  *   Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
  *   Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
  *   Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues
  *   Communicate effectively with peers
  *   Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation
  *   Able to learn continuous integration practices
  *   Able to work with minimum direction
  *   Able to plan and manage own work
  *   Must have minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
  *   Must have U.S. work authorization

Successful candidates will:

  *   Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
  *   Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
  *   Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
  *   Assist with the design, configuration, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of IT infrastructure and tools
  *   Automate systems administration tasks
  *   Maintain cloud infrastructure
  *   Plan and implement new technologies in a high scale, high uptime and high security environment
  *   Deliver the best product by adopting the best Agile processes
  *   Meet established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
  *   Develops innovative solutions to problems
  *   Take initiative and seeks out work

About Us
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren't satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.

We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.

Apply for this job online: <https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25440/devops-engineering-internship/login>

Email this job to a friend: <https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25440/devops-engineering-internship/referral?hashed=-435680028>

Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started: <https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/connect?back=intro&findajob=1&hashed=-435680028>

Application FAQs: <https://www4.icims.com/jobseekerhelp>

Cambia is an Equal Employment Opportunity <file:///C:/Users/Diazpalm/Downloads/EEO_is_the_Law_Poster.pdf> and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. Cambia is an E-Verify employer.

If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to be able to apply for a job, please call us at 503-721-4020.

Cambia Health Solutions
Careers:- DevOps Engineering Internship
Job Locations US-OR-Portland
Requisition ID: 2019-25440
Category (Portal Searching): Internships