[Eecs-news-links] Summer Internship: Network Engineering Intern @ Cambia (Portland, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:58:07 PDT 2019

For information or to apply visit:
https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25439/network-engineering-internship/job

Overview
Network Engineering Internship
Portland, OR

This twelve-week internship is scheduled to start in May/June 2019

Responsibilities & Requirements
The Network Engineering Intern will participate in a team environment for the installation, upgrade and maintenance of Cambia’s network and security systems, under the direction or coaching of senior team members. This position requires the use of good technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.

The network team works with the following technical areas: Wide Area Networking using Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM); Wide Area Networking using Multi Point Label Switching (MPLS); Domain Name Services (DNS) / Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) administration; Intrusion Detection System / Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS) administration; Hardware based Server Load Balancing administration; Proxy services administration.

At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.

Minimum requirements:

  *   Currently enrolled in a degree program specializing in Computer Science/Systems or a related field
  *   Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience and/or have completed an internship
  *   Highly effective oral and written communication
  *   Able to work well with business customers and technical partners.
  *   Able to take direction from others, ask appropriate questions, execute the direction and checking in when appropriate
  *   Able to analyze and diagnose network & security performance problems or outages
  *   Ability to automate network infrastructure tasks and document them for others to use
  *   Ability to administer, coordinate and facilitate the operation of simple network and security systems hardware, software and management systems.
  *   Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
  *   Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
  *   Able to work with minimum direction
  *   Able to plan and manage own work
  *   Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
  *   Must have U.S. work authorization

Successful candidates will:

  *   Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
  *   Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
  *   Apply the latest technology to develop innovative solutions
  *   Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
  *   Meet established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
  *   Develop simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives
  *   Develops innovative solutions to problems
  *   Take initiative and seeks out work
  *   Perform testing and document the result
  *   Have crossover knowledge into other technical disciplines
  *   Adhere to technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting and regular team participation

About Us
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.

Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.

We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.

Apply for this job online: <https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25439/network-engineering-internship/login>

Email this job to a friend: <https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25439/network-engineering-internship/referral?hashed=-435680028>

Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!

Click here to get started: <https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/connect?back=intro&findajob=1&hashed=-435680028>

Application FAQs<Application%20FAQs>: <https://www4.icims.com/jobseekerhelp>

Cambia is an Equal Employment Opportunity <file:///C:/Users/Diazpalm/Downloads/EEO_is_the_Law_Poster%20(1).pdf> and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. Cambia is an E-Verify employer.

If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to be able to apply for a job, please call us at 503-721-4020.

Cambia Health Solutions
Careers:  Network Engineering Internship
Job LocationsUS-OR-Portland
Requisition ID: 2019-25439
Category (Portal Searching): Internships