[Eecs-news-links] FW: New Cambia Internship (Portland, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:34:15 PDT 2019

From: Schwartz, Michelle <Michelle.Schwartz at cambiahealth.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:30 PM
Subject: New Cambia Internship

Colleagues,

I recently posted a new internship and would love your help promoting this to qualified candidates. I have listed the position description and application instructions below:

HealthSparq Data Insights Analyst Internship
Portland, OR
This twelve-week internship is currently scheduled to begin in May or June 2019

Cambia Health Solutions is working to allow consumers to make smarter healthcare decisions by delivering actionable insights based on data. We're seeking an analytics expert to help us bring an online shopping experience for consumers looking for doctors, hospitals, treatments, and researching healthcare quality. Come join us!

Our data scope is enormous and includes medical, dental and pharmacy claims, web utilization behavior, provider information, and data from numerous other sources. We are seeking an individual who can apply analytic solutions to a diverse array of big data problems efficiently and effectively.

At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.

Bring your analytical expertise to this role in which you will:

  *   Perform intake and processing of customer data during implementation following established procedures
  *   Perform data mapping and standardization while maintaining data integrity
  *   Develop processes and analysis that will improve existing products and drive future products
  *   Develop data fixes, configuration, and ad hoc reports
  *   Provide data support for internal and external customers
Key Qualifications and Experience:

  *   Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or a related discipline; candidates who have completed their degree in the last six months are also encouraged to apply
  *   Keen analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify problems, develop/recommend solutions, and implement a chosen course of action
  *   Knowledge of business practices in finance, accounting, economics and/or risk management a plus
  *   Strong oral and written communication skills
  *   Ability to explain technical information and data in a user-friendly manner
  *   Prior experience with word processing, spreadsheets, statistical analysis, database, data mining tools such as SQL / SAS / R / STATA / SPSS
  *   Prior programming experience such as R, Java, C++, Python, etc. is a plus
  *   Prior experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, D3, Domo, etc. is a plus
  *   Must be able to work with minimal direction and be flexible to assist in coordinating complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes
  *   Prior experience with project management
  *   Knowledge of program evaluation concepts and methodologies
  *   Ability to work independently on complex projects
  *   Proven track record of learning and applying new technologies quickly
  *   Candidate must possess a minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average
  *   Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Interested candidates should apply online: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25464/healthsparq-data-insights-analyst-internship/job.

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle Schwartz (she/her)
Manager, Diversity and University Programs
CAMBIA HEALTH SOLUTIONS
African American Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/AA-ERG/Pages/default.aspx>
CARE PC (Cambia And Regence Employees Palliative Care) Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/CARE%20PC/SitePages/Home.aspx>
HOLA (Home of Latinos and Allies) Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/Latino-ERG/Pages/default.aspx>
Military Community Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/MERG/Pages/default.aspx>
PRIDE (Professionals Respecting Individuality Diversity Equality) Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/PRIDE/Pages/default.aspx>
WELL (Women's Employee Leadership Lab)<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/WERG/Pages/default.aspx>
ph. 503-273-4132
[Connect]<https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/connect>
Ensure a sustainable future - only print when necessary.

[BP_18-4c][cid:image003.png at 01D4D9B1.8C492670][cid:image004.png at 01D4D9B1.8C492670]  [cid:image005.jpg at 01D4D9B1.8C492670]  [cid:image006.png at 01D4D9B1.8C492670]   [cid:image007.png at 01D4D9B1.8C492670]  [cid:image003.jpg at 01D4CDBC.92F19A80] [cid:image001.png at 01D48C8F.0F10ACB0]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.