[Eecs-news-links] ECE opening @SpecWerkz (Portland - metro)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:19:14 PDT 2019

Title:  Compliance Engineer (Full Time)
Company:  SpecWerkz LLC,
Job Location:  Hillsboro, Oregon
Resume Submission:  Please email resume to sydney at specwerkz.com
This position is to work with Compliance testing.  We are a small company (SpecWerkz, LLC) that tests products for compliance to USB-IF standards.  We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, and good at working in a fast-paced environment with other team members.  You will have the opportunity to work with new specifications and products.  For this position we are considering both Entry-Level and Experienced Candidates.
Job Description

1)      Complete USB Certification Testing for assigned customer at the lab each week.

2)      Work on Compliance Testing Procedure development for new USB technologies.

3)      Work closely with scheduled customer to troubleshoot and debug units under test and testing environment.  This includes learning protocols and specifications related to testing.

4)      Maintain excellent record of results, and communicate effectively to customer.

5)      Work on developing and maintaining test scripts.  Work on developing test procedures/documents.

6)      Support USB-IF Compliance Workshops and other events.  Some travel required (approx. 2 weeks a year to Workshops)

Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or other related field of study.
Associate's Degree with work experience may be substituted.
Experience in troubleshooting/debugging OS, Software and Hardware issues.  Highly organized and very detail oriented.
Working knowledge of MS Office products.
USB experience and Programming/Scripting Experience is a plus!