[Eecs-news-links] Research Scientist @ Rakuten (San Mateo - Bay Area, CA)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jun 25 16:09:10 PDT 2019
For details or to apply, visit:
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
Rakuten Institute of Technology is the R&D division of the Rakuten group with locations in Tokyo, Boston, Paris, Singapore, and San Mateo. We provide critical solutions and develop exciting businesses or services by fundamental technologies such as machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and information retrieval.
As a Research Scientist, you will work closely with engineers and the business team to improve various Rakuten services with machine intelligence. You will utilize your experience in data mining, natural language understanding, and computer vision to maximize customer satisfaction by implementing prototype solutions for existing products or launching new products. In addition, you will work closely with research communities by joining collaboration programs with universities, publishing papers, and contributing open source release.
* Formulate a vision of the new internet services that would be realized in next 3 to 5 years
* Work closely with business team and engineers to create prototypes of new applications (or solution) to contribute to Rakuten business
* Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
* Promote the research results and Rakuten brand by publishing papers, filing patents, and/or giving presentations
* PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field, or at least one year of equivalent practical experience with a Master degree (or PhD student for Internship positions)
* Research experience in machine learning or data mining
* At least one academic publication at peer-reviewed international conferences or in journals
* Solid programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, and/or C/C++
* Ability to work in a diverse team as well as autonomously
* Experience with solving real-world machine learning problems
* Knowledge of Deep Learning, Neural Networks, or related fields
* Experience with large scale computing environment such as AWS, Hadoop, or Spark
* Ability to pitch your work to business people
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links