[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer - Android Apps @ CBT Nuggets (Eugene, OR)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 6 11:10:59 PDT 2019
For information or to apply, visit:
Software Engineer - Android Apps
* Eugene, OR, USA
ABOUT THE TEAM:
* The Apps Team develops and maintains the native CBT Nuggets apps for mobile phones, tablets, and TV devices.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
* Work with the team on Android applications to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
* Create and maintain applications and frameworks that support the team’s products as well as maintain and improve overall system architecture in addition to implementing new features.
* Design and develop innovative software tools, applications, and services that are mission critical to the success of CBT Nuggets initiatives.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
* Strongly support CBT Nuggets core values and tenets (https://www.cbtnuggets.com/story)
* Respect for people and their time.
* Friendly, direct communication.
* Passion for what we do.
* Emphasis on continual improvement.
* Ensure rapid development time for new features and products as well as provide support for those features and products.
* Ensure our customers’ best interest is kept at the forefront of all decisions.
* This is a learning company; you will be expected to learn new things on the job and continuously improve your skills.
* Excel in a collaborative team environment.
* Write enterprise level Android applications.
* Work closely in a tightly-knit, cross-functional team.
* Review pre-existing code and provide recommendations to improve performance and maintainability.
* Add/modify code, perform enhancements that integrate with existing code, and implement new features.
* Create inline and supplementary documentation for existing and new code.
* Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
* Mentor and provide guidance to other team members.
* Proactively look for ways to make CBT Nuggets better.
* Technical competencies:
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly.
* Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and designs to non-developers.
* Ability to maintain a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
* Experience with RESTful technologies.
* Experience leveraging open source projects.
* Familiarity with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
* Proficiency with Git version control.
* Proficiency with event-driven architectures and design patterns.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Attitude required:
* Be honest and value integrity.
* Treat all co-workers with respect.
* Understand and appreciate the value of teamwork.
* Care about the mission of CBT Nuggets.
* Be passionate about our learners’ success.
* Be comfortable with autonomy and be a self-starter.
* Be eager to learn and grow in your professional life.
* Have a passion for programming.
* Skills that are required:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or it’s equivalent with 3 years of comparable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Developed Android apps that have been published on the Play Store.
* Proficiency with Java.
* Familiarity with Kotlin.
* Familiarity with unit testing methodologies and frameworks.
* Skills that are preferred but not required:
* Familiarity with Realm.
* Familiarity with dependency management tools (e.g. Gradle).
* Familiarity with continuous integration and Jenkins.
* An eye for design and/or design skills.
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
...to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
CBT NUGGETS FAVORITE QUOTES
“It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit.”
“Be honest, direct, and real.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Life should be better tomorrow than it is today.”
* What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
* Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
* Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
* Smile, and enjoy the process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position
* Compensation is dependent upon experience and skill level
* Generous employee benefits detailed in CBT Nuggets Benefits at-a-glance available upon request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links