[Eecs-news-links] IT Professional @ CBT Nuggets (Bend, OR)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 6 11:07:05 PDT 2019
For information or to apply, visit:
* Bend, OR, USA
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
* This position is responsible for the internal technical needs of all CBT Nuggets employees, trainers and certain third party contractors, as well as certain internal systems of CBT Nuggets.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
* Strongly support CBT Nuggets core values and Tenets
* High rate and efficiency in attending to and closing out JIRA IT Helpdesk tickets
* Effectively balancing completion of JIRA Projects/Epics with completing day-to-day Tasks
* Subjective satisfaction of internal customers demonstrated through surveys or other forms of feedback
* Ease and ability of all other CBT Nuggets teams to innovate without technological limitation
* Proactively look for ways to make CBT Nuggets better
* Logical networks to include IP addressing
* Internal computer security
* Windows Active Directory management
* Cell phone and other device support and management
* Managing systems-related tasks for SaaS subscriptions used by CBT Nuggets
* Maintain networking for facility based devices such as cameras and security system
* Maintaining an accurate IT hardware and software inventory
* Supporting the hardware and software needs of employees
* Preference for obtaining at least one technical IT certification per year of employment
Education & Experience:
* 3 to 5 years working in the IT professional field (with a degree in Information Technology preferred but not required), or similar experience in a materially related field.
* Basic networking knowledge.
* Technical IT certifications are preferred.
* Must be a self-starter that is passionate about IT, personal growth, and learning in general.
* Must have exceptional planning and organizational skills, empathy for IT Professionals and an understanding of their role and training needs.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Capacity to work in a fast paced environment where things change quickly.
* Strong passion for technology and high proficiency in working with various forms of technology.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Ability to proficiently troubleshoot issues.
* Ability to write and maintain clear documentation.
* Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be honest and value integrity
* Must be willing to treat all co-workers with respect
* Must understand and appreciate the value of teamwork
* Must have a good work ethic
* Must have impeccable attention to detail
* Must care about the mission of CBT Nuggets
* Must be passionate about our learners’ success
* Must be comfortable with autonomy and be a self-starter
* Must be eager to learn and grow in your professional life
* Must promote collaboration
Skills that are Preferred but not Required:
* Familiarity with maintaining internal Network Security
* Familiarity with Linux and macOS system administration
* Familiarity with wireless network management
* Familiarity with cryptocurrencies
* A healthy sarcasm/ quick wit
* Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, JIRA, Remote Desktop Management, Virtualization and internal CBT Nuggets software
* Familiarity working with Apple Laptops
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job;
* This position is active and, while performing certain essential duties of the job, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend, crawl on knees (including under desks), kneel, crouch, climb, reach with hands and arms, perform tasks requiring manual dexterity, and work with tools; and
* The employee may be required to lift or move items over 50 pounds.
Occasional travel to Eugene, Coburg and Medford on an as-needed basis are part of this position. Travel is to primarily occur in CBT Nuggets’ company owned vehicle(s). The IT Professional is required to have a valid Oregon Driver’s License and up to date vehicle insurance.
POSITION TYPE, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
* This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
* This position requires after hours and weekend on-call and in person response in the event of emergency, and availability to work non-standard evening and weekend hours on an as-needed basis.
* Compensation is dependent on experience and skill level
* Benefits are outlined in the employee handbook.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
...to continually improve learning effectiveness.
CBT NUGGETS FAVORITE QUOTES
“It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit.”
“Be honest, direct, and real.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Life should be better tomorrow than it is today.”
* What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
* Sign up for a free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customers and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
* Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
* Smile, and enjoy the process.
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links