[Eecs-news-links] Eugene Startup Opening for Senior Back End Engineer
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 6 06:54:57 PDT 2019
For more details, please visit:
Porter is seeking an experienced back-end engineer to join the company’s founding team and help drive the development of the company’s core product offering from beta through market launch and beyond. You will be working on virtually all aspects of the current product and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team on a daily basis and taking part in key technology-related decisions.
Porter is an early stage, well-funded start-up based in Eugene, Oregon that is creating a powerful new web platform for bars, fast casual restaurants, and food halls to manage their digital menus and patron ordering processes. Our founders have more than 80 years combined experience in web development, design, payments, enterprise sales, and the beverage and food service industries.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
* Lead architecture and development of our core web application back-end databases, APIs, and additional systems;
* Coordinate the weekly sprints of multiple back-end developers;
* Write robust yet DRY, maintainable, and testable code in a timely manner;
* Collaborate with front-end and DevOps teams to integrate workflow and product;
* Promote new and innovative enhancements to the company’s products and solutions; and,
* Contribute to the creation of an incredible, overall company culture.
Required technology acumen:
* Django and Django Rest Framework
* Proficiency creating and consuming APIs
Additional required qualifications:
* 10+ years experience of professional software engineering in web development;
* Demonstrated proficiency designing mobile-centric web applications;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Familiarity with common version control, project management and development environments.
* Experience working with cloud-native hosting providers such as Google Cloud Platform and AWS
* Experience with Point of Sale (POS) system integration;
* Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience.
What we offer:
* A startup environment that is fast-paced, agile and collaborative
* Competitive compensation package with equity opportunities
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Training according to your desired path and development needs
* A company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
* Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply, please send an email of interest to jb at heyporter.app including:
1) A brief statement of interest and fit;
2) Either a full resume or Linkedin profile; AND,
3) Examples of work that were in production at one time or another. These examples should be able to demonstrate the level of expertise outlined in this job description, not just code samples.
At least three technical and professional references will be required as a condition of hiring.
From: Colby Phillips [colby at porterpubs.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:34 PM
To: Batten, Tina
Cc: JB Barry
Subject: Job Posting
Dear Tina -
I am an OSU alumni and co-founder of an exciting new start up down here in Eugene called Porter<https://heyporter.app/>. We are looking to hire our founding development team and currently have <snip> openings for Senior Developers. Would you be willing to post these openings to the EECS alumni group on LinkedIn and maybe highlight them in the weekly electronic newsletter to alumni?
Senior Back End Engineer<https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1238527365/>
Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links