[Eecs-news-links] Fall Engineering Professional Internships @ Walt Disney World Resort (Florida)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jan 23 10:04:22 PST 2019
For more info, visit:
Engineering Professional Internships: Fall 2019
Job ID 625299BR
Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States
Business Walt Disney World Resort
"We create happiness." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Facilities & Operations Services team, you will help to engineer the magic. You will be part of a team that works each day to design, build, service and maintain a level of service that exceeds our client and guest expectations. Your team's responsibilities may include:
* Provide strategic and project support for new and existing attractions and facilities
* Develop global design and safety standards
* Design and supervise the fabrication and testing of enhancements and new designs for ride vehicles and systems
* Provide software services for ride, show and other process control systems being developed and installed in the Disney parks
* Provide construction project management services and long-term facility planning for the Walt Disney World Resort.
* Deliver a wide variety of maintenance and repair services for the operating and support teams
* Sustain assets and structures like buildings, rides, buses, watercraft and ensures our property is always show ready
What you bring to the Role:
* Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: No rounding.)
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
* Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
* Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university majoring in an Engineering related major including: Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Building Construction, Project Management, Engineering Management, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Cyber Security and Secure Computing and Networks
* Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
* Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
* Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Must provide full work availability
* Must possess a valid US driver's license
* Must be compliant with
* Must provide own transportation to/from work
* Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 - December 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is February 8, 2019.
Recommendation - Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
* Log into your
* Click the second tab "Applications"
* Select "Submitted Applications"
* Click on the title of this position
* Click the "Add Files" button
* Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
* Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links