[Eecs-news-links] Software Developer Internship @ InsightsNow (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Feb 19 13:34:40 PST 2019

Software Developer Intern

Company Summary

InsightsNow specializes in applying the science of human psychology and behavior to product innovation and development, brand positioning, and marketing & advertising research. This year InsightsNow was listed on the Greenbook Research Trends Report for the second year in a row as one of top 50 most innovative marketing research companies in the world. Our approaches have been proven to reduce cycle times, helping new products and services to market faster and more successfully.

Job Summary:

The Software Developer Intern is a temporary position with the primary purpose of providing on the job programming experience for the intern to fulfill their university work experience requirement. InsightsNow, is currently undertaking a data warehouse project which would involve multiple input/output interfaces and a data management module. The intern will work with an experienced software developer during the project which is expected to last at least six months.

Job Skills:

*                     * Programming with Visual Studio IDE, Git version control

*                     * Developing web applications with ASP.NET, MVC framework

*                     * Consuming web services provided by WSDLs descriptions or Rest APIs

*                     * Implementing Rest APIs using ASP.NET Web API framework

*                     * Using Entity Framework for the management of databases in SQL Server

*                     * Writing T-SQL queries to consume information from a Database, and creating views or stored procedures

*                     * Working with hybrid databases (Relational + semi structured data) and data warehouses

*                     * Delivering working prototypes in an iterative, sprint-based, approach

*                     * Knowledge of a Survey Platform is a plus

*                     * Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively

*                     * Excellent writing skills and a willingness to use them

*                     * Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information

*                     * Able to work independently