[Eecs-news-links] Electronics Design Engineer - NASA Humanoid Robot Power Systems @ Jacobs
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Aug 21 19:10:41 PDT 2019
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com<http://www.jacobs.com>
Electronics Design Engineer - NASA Humanoid Robot Power Systems - (AS0004KQ)
Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an Electronics Design Engineer - NASA Humanoid Robot Power Systems to join our team with Barrios Technology, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As an Electronics Design Engineer - NASA Humanoid Robot Power Systems you will:
* Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 30 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers.
* Work directly with NASA Johnson Space Center in designing the next generation of humanoid robot.
* Join the Valkyrie humanoid robot team in NASA’s Robotic Systems Technology Branch.
* Build on the success of the existing Valkyrie and Robonaut 2 humanoid robots and advance NASA’s ability to project a remote human presence and dexterous manipulation capability into challenging, dangerous, and distant environments both in space and here on earth.
* Contribute directly to the design of the next NASA humanoid robot with an emphasis on creating new, integrated electrical system designs for power distribution, battery and battery management systems, and electromechanical power conversion for high performance robot actuation.
* Support new designs from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment.
* Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures.
* Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
* Experience with Power distribution system design and analysis.
* Experience with Battery stacks and Battery Management Systems (BMS).
* Exposure to Lithium-ion and/or related battery cell technologies.
* Familiarity with Electromechanical power conversion (high performance actuation, electric motors and motor drive electronics, etc.).
* Prior experience with electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer.
* Prior experience with microcontroller circuitry design and associated embedded software development environments.
* Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI etc.
* Hands on experience in the design, build, and test of robot hardware
A successful track record of fielding custom electrical systems in an operational setting.
* Familiarity with the Linux operating system and programming in C/C++ and Python.
* Experience in the hardware design of embedded systems (microcontrollers, FPGAs, sensor interfaces, I2C/SPI buses, UARTS, etc.).
* Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers.
* Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation systems.
* Project based experience designing, building, testing, and troubleshooting power distribution electronics, battery systems, and other electrical hardware (requirements definition; system modeling and simulation; circuit analysis; PCB design, fabrication, and assembly; harness design and fabrication; requirements verification).
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers designing and building world-class, field-ready humanoid robots.
* Prior experience in design and test of power supply and conditioning systems.
* Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
See What We Do<https://app.frame.io/presentations/225c1d41-60d8-58cc-bf8c-fd204fb246d9>
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview <https://app.frame.io/presentations/dc04b01f-c3bd-46ad-88c9-95a4917fd985>
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
Excellent personal and professional career growth
9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com<http://www.wehavespaceforyou.com>.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Aug 2, 2019, 7:58:28 PM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links