[Eecs-news-links] CS Internship - 2nd Level Operations @ Ericsson (Bellevue/Seattle-metro, WA)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Aug 4 14:17:12 PDT 2019

2nd Level Operations Internship – Fulltime – Fall 2019 (289425) Ericsson – Bellevue, WA

Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.

Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges. We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.

We are now looking for two (2) Second Level Operations Interns who will assist in the coordination, management,
execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. The interns will ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.

Responsibilities: • You will help with Assurance support activities • Incident management • You will assist with Problem management • Root Cause Analysis Activities • System administration • And you will work with Billing operations

Key Qualifications: • Currently a senior enrolled in B.Sc. studies in Computer Science expecting to graduate in May/June 2020 • Passionate about technology and about delivering outstanding results to customer • Customer focus and desire to understand business • Quick learner • Problem solving and troubleshooting skills • Team player with good communication skills • Knowledge or experience with any of the following is seen as an advantage: o Telecommunication o Databases / SQL (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, …) o Python - advanced o SQL - advanced

Why is Ericsson a great place to work?

Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.   We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers.

With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership.  40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network.  And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.

At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale.  We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and
innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities.  We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it.

Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.