[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer I @ Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Apr 16 20:57:55 PDT 2019
For more information or to apply, visit:
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our high performing Landing Systems Engineering Team in Burbank, CA .
Position Summary :
The Software Engineer I on the Landing Systems Team will be responsible to:
* Develop and verify safety critical real-time embedded flight software in compliance with DO-178C.
* Maximize product performance by developing, designing, validating, and verifying software according to requirements and design specifications.
* Participate in engineering design review and testing of embedded software products.
* Lead small development or verification teams.
Software Engineer I - Responsibilities :
* Develop software requirements from system requirements.
* Lead small teams as member of Integrated Product Team (IPT)
* Create and maintain software schedules.
* Develop software design and code.
* Develop requirements-based test procedures.
* Perform technical problem resolution.
* Ensure quality of the product as per delivery criteria.
* Perform analysis of requirements, design and code to assure compliance to standards and guidelines.
* Develop and ensure full traceability of customer specification requirements to software code.
* Review verification output across programs to ensure compliance with guidelines, procedures and customer standards.
* Follow Airborne Software guidelines per DO-178.
* Comply with the internal Standard Operating Procedures for the Software Design and Verification department.
* Participate in software certification audits.
* Interface with internal/external customers.
* Mentor others in area of expertise.
Minimum Requirements :
Technical Skills :
* Embedded system programming
* Develop software per DO-178 Guidelines
* C language code
* Microprocessor / Microcontroller and Low level driver development
* Communication Interfaces common to aerospace (ARINC429, CAN, RS232, AFDX) software simulator and emulator
* Requirements management tools (such as DOORS),
* Model Based Development (Simulink or SCADE)
* Structural coverage analysis tool (such as LDRA, RTRT)
* BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering with demonstrated software knowledge
* One year of experience in safety critical software development and verification.
* Strong communication, organizational and oral presentation skills.
* Demonstrated leadership experience.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
Employment Eligibility Requirement :
* Must be a US Person under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to be eligible.
About Crane Aerospace & Electronics:
Crane Aerospace & Electronics combines the experience of long-time industry leaders to supply critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. Our products are found in some of the most demanding environments, from engines to landing gears, from satellites to medical implants, and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
The Aerospace Group designs, manufactures and supports critical aircraft systems and components, offering innovative solutions for Sensing & Utilities,<http://www.craneae.com/Products/Sensing/SensingSystems.aspx> Landing Systems,<http://www.craneae.com/Products/Landing/LandingSystems.aspx> Fluid Management, and Cabin.<http://www.craneae.com/Products/Cabin/Cabin.aspx> Virtually all commercial and military aircraft fly with products manufactured by the Aerospace Group.
We look for flexible professionals who are capable of working with minimal supervision and can adapt to changing environments. We look for people who are challenged by other people, who like being around well-educated, well-versed professionals. For these people, Crane Aerospace & Electronics provides a creative outlet and high level of participation. People in the company build the company.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
In our efforts to maintain a safe workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religions, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links