[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer II @ Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynwood, WA)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Apr 16 20:54:11 PDT 2019

For information or to apply:

https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRANEAE&cws=54&rid=6700

Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking a Software Engineer with at least two years of experience to join our high performing Aerospace Sensing Technology team in Lynnwood, WA.

The Sensing Engineers save lives every day with their high level of certainty that goes into aircraft safety related sensors. The team is working on all kinds of new technology and they make sure there are no mistakes.

If you are detail-oriented, creative, and technically skilled in the basics of embedded software design & development, and wish to be part of a world-class organization, please read on!

As our next Software Engineer you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team using structured processes to develop embedded software for demanding aerospace applications with focus on documentation and coding. You will participate in design reviews and perform analyses / testing to improve design quality and ensure customer satisfaction.

Responsibilities:

  *   Collaborate effectively with senior technical staff and all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets.
  *   Develop software requirements and software design. Implement code, test and debug.
  *   Develop test procedures and test scripts to validate software.
  *   Perform design analysis and participate in work product peer reviews
  *   Support other software activities (e.g. software tool)

Minimum Qualifications:

Knowledge, Skills & Experience:

  *   1+ years of experience in embedded avionics software development and verification.  (May consider less experience for the right ambitious candidate demonstrating willingness to learn and grow).
  *   Experience writing high and low-level software requirements (understand system/interface).
  *   Leadership capability and desire to take the lead of others in projects.
  *   Basic programming in C/C++ is highly desired. Embedded Software and Aerospace a plus.
  *   Self-directed and motivated to work and communicate on a cross-functional team that consists of several engineering and manufacturing disciplines.
  *   Effective English communication in presentations, analyses, and reports.
  *   Design and Verification experience per DO178B and C, a plus.
  *   Experience working for an Aerospace or equivalent company with regard to the rigor of software creation and hardware design with emphasis on safety.

Education/Certification:

  *   Bachelor’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.

Employment Eligibility Requirement:

  *   Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

About Crane Aerospace & Electronics:

Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).

Crane Aerospace & Electronics brings industry-leading electronic and hydraulic subsystems for landing gear together in solutions that add value and offer superior performance our customers can count on.

We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes.  We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.

Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.

In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.  FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.

This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification.  It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.

Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.