[Eecs-news-links] Design & Development Engineer (Component Technologies) @ Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Apr 10 15:00:11 PDT 2019
This job is located in the Portland-metro area.
For information, visit:
You can apply via the website, or email your resume directly to the manager:
alok.sharan at mst.com
Micro Systems Engineering, Inc (MSEI) is a pioneer in developing innovative technologies and medical devices that save and enhance the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. The company is dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. With more than 30 years of experience, our growing success is based on our company’s core values – innovation, excellence and reliability, thus enabling us to inspire confidence and trust in doctors and patients all over the world. We are continually looking for talented engineers to share in our mission
Design & Development Engineer (Component Technologies)
The Component Engineer will lead component development activities for use in new products in high reliability and quality implantable medical applications, and interface directly with global suppliers to resolve technical issues.
* Lead development of new components in a cross-functional team for new product applications.
* Work directly with the suppliers and the Supply Chain department to resolve any technical issues with components.
* Work with internal partners and suppliers to identify electronic components to be used in the BOM and the schematic.
* Lead testing and validation of components for implantable medical applications, by performing appropriate electrical and environmental stress tests.
* Provide a vision for the next generation of components, and develop new component technologies through testing, simulation and prototypes.
* Work with production teams during the scale-up of new products in high volume manufacturing.
* Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager
· Bachelor of Science or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent, with a strong foundation in electronic component characteristics.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuit designs.
· Basic knowledge of physics or electrical engineering concepts used in designs of components such as diodes, FETs, memory, transformers, crystals, discrete capacitors, inductors, resistors, etc.
· Basic knowledge of component packaging, assembly processes and materials.
· Experience or familiarity with quality systems including technical writing of quality-relevant documentation.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
· The employee is also required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with co-workers.
· Must be able to travel to other office locations.
Travel, both international and domestic, less than 10%.
Are you interested? Please apply online! We are looking forward to welcoming you.
Location: Lake Oswego
Working Hours: Full-time
Job ID 27552
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links