[Eecs-news-links] FW: Internship opportunity at OpenGov for CS students

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Oct 22 09:24:14 PDT 2018

Description

OpenGov<https://opengov.com/> is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test Intern who is analytical, savvy, and possess excellent communication skills, to be a part of our reporting application engineering team. As a Software Development Engineer in Test Intern, you will work alongside our team of engineers and provide a world-class user experience for our customers. This is a 6-month paid internship based in Portland, OR.

Responsibilities

●        Actively participates in agile meetings with product management, program management and engineering.

●        Designs, maintains and executes test suites for our reporting web application

●        Translating acceptance criteria in Jira tickets into cucumber scenarios

●        Ensure comprehensive test coverage by finding bugs, defects and verifying fixes.

●        Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product and tools (such as logs) to narrow down repro issues steps and isolate the root problem.

●        Provide valuable user feedback while testing OpenGov applications.

●        Proactively participate in maintaining team standards and best practices.

●        Communicate technical concepts/issues clearly to colleagues and review documents for technical content and accuracy.
Qualifications

●        Passionate about software quality. Previous software engineering/quality assurance experience is a big plus.

●        Prior experience with programming (javascript or ruby is preferred).

●        Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter in a collaborative, self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment.

●        Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).

●        Pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science or related field (pursuing a degree from a code school also is acceptable).
Preferred

●        Prior experience with agile development methodologies.

●        Prior experience with automation testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, and Nightwatch JS

●        Prior experience with  Behavior Driven Development

●        Prior experience with git
Contact Information
If you would like to apply for this position you can apply here<https://jobs.lever.co/opengov/68ed8a35-2735-49c3-a436-5187eafa7bf0>.
https://jobs.lever.co/opengov/68ed8a35-2735-49c3-a436-5187eafa7bf0