[Eecs-news-links] ECE Department at UC Santa Cruz - Now Accepting MS and PhD Applications for 2019!

Sumida, Gale Masako gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Fri Nov 30 11:00:06 PST 2018

From: Lisa Slater <lmslater at soe.ucsc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:01 PM
To: lmslater at ucsc.edu
Subject: ECE Department at UC Santa Cruz - Now Accepting MS and PhD Applications for 2019!

Dear colleagues,

I am emailing you to advertise some opportunities for graduate school in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at UC Santa Cruz. I would be very grateful if you could forward this information to your undergraduate juniors and seniors.

Thank you!!

------------------------

Dear students,

The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California, Santa Cruz is offering MS and PhD programs that may be of interest to you, as you look forward to your graduate studies.

Our graduate programs offer four core tracks from which students can choose:

  *   Electronic Circuits and Energy Systems
  *   Photonics and Electronic Devices
  *   Robotics, Controls, and Cyber-Physical Systems
  *   Signals, Image Processing, and Communications
Our MS program can be completed in one year, and UCSC was ranked 13th on Business Insider's list of "The 20 universities that are most likely to land you a job in Silicon Valley."

Our PhD students work with some of the top researchers in their respective fields. UCSC was ranked 3rd worldwide for research influence in 2017 by Times Higher Education.

The application deadline for the PhD program is January 10, 2019.
The application deadline for the MS program is February 1, 2019.

These short videos will introduce you to some of our excellent faculty, and to some of the research that we do at UCSC.

Cyber-Physical Systems: https://youtu.be/-YUdRWV4LNY
Bioelectronic and Bioprotonic Devices: https://youtu.be/KxR8PXkBQGg
Applied Optics and Optofluidics: https://youtu.be/m-eJOAx9DA4

The attached flier includes additional information about our research centers and laboratories.

Details on program requirements can be found at https://www.soe.ucsc.edu/departments/electrical-and-computer-engineering/graduate/requirements.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about our programs. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Lisa

--
Lisa Slater