[Eecs-news-links] FW: Software Engineering Intern (MS) @Google (Mountain View CA)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 13 08:57:09 PST 2018
Software Engineering Intern
Mountain View CA
Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also to collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal - which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
* Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
* Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve challenges.
* Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
* Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from: completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
* Experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
* Authorization to legally work in the United States.
* Returning to or enrolling in a Master's degree program after completion of the internship.
* Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
* Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and write in English.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links