[Eecs-news-links] Engineering Residency (BS/MS) @ Google (Mountain View CA)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 13 08:51:12 PST 2018

Engineering Residency
Mountain View CA

https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/engineering-resident-university-graduate-1600-amphitheatre-pkwy-mountain-view-ca-2638360187&
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. You will work on a specific project critical to Google's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Responsibilities

  *   Participate in an initial training period, which lasts eight weeks. Engineering Residency combines interactive group learning with training on Google tools, technologies and best practices.
  *   Following the training period, residents are placed in two 4.5 month rotations. During the rotational period, residents are embedded on Engineering teams across the company. They work side-by-side with engineers on projects that are core to Google.
  *   Work on specific projects critical to Google's business needs based on your technical experience. These opportunities exist across multiple groups within Google.
  *   Be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to handle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward in all areas.
Qualifications
Minimum qualifications:

  *   Completion of BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field of study or equivalent practical experience, including computer science coursework, no later than August 2019
  *   Programming experience in one or more of the following general purpose programming languages: C/C++, C# Java, Javascript, Python, or Go
  *   Authorization to legally work in the United States

Preferred qualifications:

  *   Experience with data structures, algorithms, or complexity analysis (i.e. completing coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience in/outside of school or work)
  *   Relevant experience, open source contributions or competitive programming exposure through hands on coding in a general purpose programming language
  *   Interest and ability to learn in a team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration
  *   Strong communication skills, including working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.