[Eecs-news-links] Cloud Technical Residency Program @ Google (Austin TX)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 13 08:49:33 PST 2018
Cloud Technical Residency Program
The Cloud Customer Engineering, Cloud Professional Services (PSO), and Cloud Technical Support teams provide technical expertise across the full Google Cloud portfolio of products to prove the value of, deploy, and provide ongoing support of the technology to our customers. These teams are on the front lines of leading customers through the largest technological shift in the history of the IT industry. They are the consultants and engineering gurus that help customers understand the unique value of and transformational benefits that result from applying these technologies to their business workloads.
* Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of prototypes, demos, and proof-of-concept components in support of in-flight customer opportunities. Help build creative solutions to challenging customer questions, RFPs, or other obstacles encountered in customer engagements.
* Team with customer technical and implementation leads and partners to manage and drive successful adoption of Google Cloud. Interact with sales/partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate complex customer requirements into recommendations for solution architectures and consulting services.
* Guide customers through the entire innovation lifecycle, building strategic roadmaps and driving achievement of key milestones.
* Help in customer day-to-day challenges by delivering scalable solutions and troubleshooting their problems. Understand operational workflows, identify and define tool needs to enable operational scaling, and drive the development (initial and ongoing) and deployment of these tools.
* Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience, with the ability to start full-time employment by July 2019.
* Experience with developing programs/scripts in languages such as C++, Java, Python, Scala or SQL.
* Evidence of customer service experience, demonstrated through coursework, internships, project work and/or other outside interests.
* Experience in systems software and algorithms, working with Linux/Unix and APIs.
* Database design and SQL Query construction experience.
* Ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience and comfortable presenting technical materials.
* Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Business acumen with strong customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links