[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer @ Google (Cambridge Massachusetts)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 13 08:33:52 PST 2018

Software Engineer
Cambridge Massachusetts
google.com/students<https://careers.google.com/students/>
https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/software-engineer-university-graduate-355-main-st-cambridge-ma-02142-usa-4197100087&

Interested in working at our Cambridge office? Our Massachusetts site is growing quickly and has many positions available for you soon-to-be graduates! As we continue to increase our product efforts in 2019, you could join teams in Travel, Search, Android, Chrome, and more. Check out all of our available Cambridge positions, including Software Engineer, University Graduate<https://goo.gl/RUuiQ7>

Specific responsibilities may vary, but in general may include:

  *   Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
  *   Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
  *   Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
Qualifications
Minimum qualifications:

  *   BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
  *   Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms (i.e. completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience in/outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
  *   Software Development experience through hands on coding in a general purpose programming language.
  *   Examples of coding in one of the following programming languages including but not limited to: C, C++, Java, JavaScript or Python.

Preferred qualifications:

  *   Must be able to start a full-time role in 2019.
  *   Previous tech internships or relevant work experience programming in one of the following languages as well as demonstrated experience programming in two or more of the languages including but not limited to: C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, Go or Python.
  *   Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
  *   Interest and ability to learn other coding languages.
  *   Working proficiency in verbal and written English.
  *   Authorization to legally work in the US.