Orange and Black Days
Orange and Black Days are full-day spring programs for admitted first-year and transfer students and their guests. You’ll get to know Oregon State, tour the facilities, and be welcomed by engineering faculty and students.
All engineering students attend a two-day orientation and go through the START program. During START, you will meet your advisors, register for fall courses, tour your residence hall, and learn what it means to be part of the Oregon State community.
Your journey at Oregon State begins before the first day of classes.
A community built for you
Engineering students can be part of the Engineering Living-Learning Community. Get creative, with a makerspace on site, and collaborate with other students like you in activities that support your exploration of engineering.
A week of welcome
Welcome Week will help you connect and engage with campus during seven days crammed full of exciting activities and events. You’ll be entertained, learn tips and strategies for success, and get to know student resources.
Welcome to Corvallis and the start of your undergraduate experience!
More than academics
What kindles your curiosity? Your first year will expose you to new ideas and inspiration:
- Explore diversity — Your college unites a broad range of engineering disciplines and experts from a variety of backgrounds who have interests in virtually every field of human endeavor.
- Roll up your sleeves — Immerse yourself in hands-on challenges from day one, in classes, clubs, and other activities.
- Get inspired — Connect with alumni who can help you envision your future. You might even meet one who already has your dream job.
- Share the experience — Become part of a vibrant community where you are an important and valued member.
Expect more from your engineering experience.
Beyond the classroom
Work together on a common goal with friends in over 50 engineering organizations that:
- Celebrate and support students’ identities and heritage.
- Build networks and connect with companies.
- Hone engineering skills through competitions and real-world experiences.
Our entire community is here to support you.
There are dozens of opportunities beyond your academics. We want you to grow and experience all the university has to offer.
• Career Development Center (College of Engineering)
• Career Development Center (Oregon State University)
• Center for Diversity and Inclusion
• Engineering Student Council
• Intramural Sports
• Leadership Academy
You’ll find so much more than engineering.
All first-year students are admitted as a general engineering majors, allowing you to explore all 17 majors throughout your first year. During spring term, you will work with your advisor to choose your path to begin major-specific coursework in your second year.
After sampling a taste of many different engineering careers and specialties, you can make your decision with confidence.