If you are preparing for your big move to the OSU Corvallis campus, make sure you check out these exciting living opportunities:
Engineering Living-Learning Community
The Engineering Living-Learning Community is housed in Buxton and Hawley Halls. All engineering majors are welcome in the Engineering Living-Learning Community.
This unique living community is a great way for engineering students to make friendships and create connections between their in-class and out-of-class experiences. Residents can get to know College of Engineering faculty and advisors outside of the classroom, and also have free access to the DamLab Makerspace, a state-of-the-art lab equipped with 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC mills and other tools, on the first floor of Buxton Hall. Most resident assistants for the floors are upper class engineering students who are full of advice and support. Floor-based programming promotes friendships and fun. This community allows you to get easily involved in Center for Diversity and Inclusion activities as well as all engineering programs for first year students. Hawley-Buxton is all about your success in engineering - all students are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Special Interest Communities
- Second Year and Above: The first floor of Hawley & Buxton Halls houses a Second Year & Above community for engineering students who have already completed at least one year of college. Second Year & Above community residents can access a private lounge, a large updated kitchen, and single-user gender-inclusive bathrooms on the floor.
- Women in Science and Engineering: The fifth floor of Buxton is home to a Women in Science Engineering (WISE) floor, an opportunity for women in science to gain coaching and mentorship specific to their program.
- Single-Gender Suites: Buxton has single-gender suites that are available to students requesting a religious exemption. Residents of these suites agree to no visitors of the opposite gender and a substance-free environment.
- On-site academic advising
- In-house study tables for foundation courses (Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry)
- Activity coordinators, tutors, mentors, and friends.
Apply for Housing here: https://uhds.oregonstate.edu/housing/apply-now