[Eecs-news-links] Software engineer @ Ideal-Logic (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Sep 24 13:58:57 PDT 2017

Damien Forkner [mailto:damien at ideal-logic.com]
<snip>

I just wanted to let you know that we're looking to hire a Software Engineer, and I know there's a chance you might know of good candidates. The position is posted on our website at http://www.ideal-logic.com (apply online). It would be a great starting position for a CS grad, and it would also probably be compatible with working towards a graduate degree.

Thank you!

Damien

Ideal-Logic Software Engineer
Join a small team of hard-working, dedicated professionals providing an excellent custom software-as-a-service experience to a wide range of clients and industries. Help grow and develop Ideal-Logic's engine and infrastructure; also use it to build, deliver, support, and sell Ideal-Logic custom applications.

Essential Job Duties
    Implement integration projects with external systems via various APIs and techniques (generally using Perl to interact with REST APIs)
    Serve as backup hardware/software support for co-located Linux Ubuntu servers
    Learn Ideal-Logic code base (Perl, C, Javascript)
    Work closely with CTO to grow and develop Ideal-Logic engine
    Support Ideal-Logic clients directly with in-person, phone, and email support
    Custom application development using the Ideal-Logic platform
    Requirements gathering via client interaction
    Form building and workflow process implementation
    User interface design and implementation
    Production of generated reports and outputs (email, paper, spreadsheet)
    Testing and quality assurance
    Significant client interaction
    Sales duties as assigned

Job Qualifications
    Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent background/experience
    Coding experience with Perl or the ability to learn it quickly
    Excellent phone, in-person, and email communication skills
    Ability and willingness to learn new platforms, systems, and languages as required
    Ability to think analytically and abstractly in order to design data and workflow systems
    Able to maintain a workstation and laptop for business use
    Sufficient knowledge of computers to be able to help diagnose client problems that may be outside of our service but are related to it (e.g. help setting up a printer)
    Able to use or learn word processing, presentation/slides, and spreadsheet programs
    Ability to learn and use Ideal-Logic development environment and platform
    Ability to present to clients or prospects in meetings

Additional Desirable Qualifications
    Experience working with, supporting, or developing large-scale workflow or data management systems
    Javascript, CSS, and web development experience
    Linux system administration experience
    User interface development expertise or experience
    Experience and knowledge of information systems in any field or industry

Working for Ideal-Logic
    Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
    Outstanding medical, dental, and vision coverage (Providence Platinum)
    Disability insurance coverage
    Defined technical career path for growth in responsibility and salary
    Pay based on experience