[Eecs-news-links] Post-Doc Openings @ Rice University
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Oct 1 12:46:48 PDT 2017
Rice University and Position Summary:
Rice University is a private institution located in the heart of Houston's Museum District. It ranks the 14th in the 2018 edition of U.S. News National Universities (link). The graduate program of Computer Engineering at Rice ranks the 17th in 2018 edition of U.S. News Best Graduate Computer Engineering Programs (link).
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Rice University has two immediate openings for Postdoctoral Researchers. A group of faculties (Professors Richard Baraniuk<http://richb.rice.edu/>, Ashutosh Sabharwal, Ashok Veeraraghavan, and Yingyan Lin) at Rice are working towards creating new technologies for next-generation Internet-of-Things. To drive this research forward, we are looking for highly motivated and qualified postdoctoral fellows with strong circuit background and successful tape-out experiences. The successful applicants will assume a lead role in developing and testing next-generation sensing systems embedded with machine learning algorithms, collaborating with Ph.D. students, faculties and collaborators from Rice and leading industry companies.
What You Will Do:
Proposing innovative ideas for energy-efficient sensing systems embedded with machine learning algorithms, implementing them in hardware and evaluating them via live demos.
What Is Required:
* * Ph.D in electrical or computer engineering.
* * Strong background in microelectronics and analog/mixed-signal integrated circuit design. Common knowledge in machine learning algorithms and sensing systems is a plus.
* * Hands-on experience in ASIC design in 90nm or more advanced CMOS technologies.
* * Familiar with digital VLSI and analog/mixed signal IC design flow, proficient in EDA tools for design, simulation, layout, and verification.
* * Successfully tape-out experiences with tracked records.
* * Proficient in common computer programming languages (e.g., Matlab, C/C++, python).
How to Apply:
Please send the following requested application materials to Prof. Yingyan Lin at yingyan.lin at rice.edu with email subject line "postdoc application - your first name + your last name":
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Statement of Interest.
3. 2 Letters of reference (to be sent by referee).
* * The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply before Nov. 30, 2017.
* * Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on job performance.
* * Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience.
* * More About Houston <https://www.thecitywithnolimits.com/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links