[Eecs-news-links] FW: New Cambia internship opportunity
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu May 11 13:00:13 PDT 2017
From: Schwartz, Michelle [mailto:Michelle.Schwartz at cambiahealth.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:45 PM
Subject: New Cambia internship opportunity
I just posted a new internship opportunity. We are seeking candidates with a strong business and technical background for this role. I would love your assistance in promoting this position to qualified candidates. I have listed the position description and application instructions below.
Data Visualization Internship
This full-time internship is currently scheduled to begin in May/June 2017
Work for us and let your voice be heard. Join a company that's actively working to transform the health care system. The Data Visualization Intern will function as a highly skilled technical resource, capable of leading and supporting advancements in data analysis and visualization. Join a team where employees are encouraged to speak up and share innovative ideas.
The Ops BI team is currently seeking a summer intern to review all Tableau dashboards and make recommendations about best practices. As an integrated member of our analytic team, you will have the opportunity to apply your data skills to:
* Audit dashboards for datasource stability/duplication, user access/permissions, formatting best practices and consistency
* Work with dashboard owners to revise their dashboards to comply with recommendations; may help make revisions
* Access, process, analyze, and visualize data from many different sources, and turn data into information
* Recommend new visualization styles to improve dashboard usability and extend customers' ability to understand analyses
* Create data visualizations using Tableau
* Possible work on department SharePoint increasing usability for internal customers
* Learn more about health care, health insurance, data management, analytics, data visualization; gain skills working within a fast-paced team balancing multiple priorities
Key Qualifications and Experience:
* Must be currently enrolled or have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related degree program within the last three months
* Candidate must possess a minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average
* Analytical ability to identify problems, develop solutions, and implement a chosen course of action
* Can learn and pick up new technologies very quickly with an eye for user experience and visual design
* Proficient skills in using Excel; experience with databases and SharePoint is a plus
* Preferred experience using Tableau Desktop or Tableau Server
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Interested candidates should apply online<https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/23368/data-visualization-internship/job>.
Michelle Schwartz (She, Her, Hers)
Manager, Diversity and University Programs
CAMBIA HEALTH SOLUTIONS
African American Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/AA-ERG/Pages/default.aspx>, Member
CARE PC (Cambia And Regence Employees Palliative Care) Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/CARE%20PC/SitePages/Home.aspx>, Member
Military Community Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/MERG/Pages/default.aspx>, Member
PRIDE (Professionals Respecting Individuality Diversity Equality) Employee Resource Group<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/PRIDE/Pages/default.aspx>, Member
WELL (Women's Employee Leadership Lab)<http://spark.regence.com/SharedServices/humanresources/ERG/WERG/Pages/default.aspx>, Member
Ensure a sustainable future - only print when necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4578 bytes
More information about the Eecs-news-links