[Eecs-news-links] FW: Electrical Engineer Job @ Wilsonville, OR

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon May 8 12:22:08 PDT 2017

From: Mel Ellis [mailto:Mel at industrialenet.com]
Subject: Electrical Engineer Job Description

Dear Ms. Batten…attached please find the job description for an entry level electrical engineer.  We are based in Wilsonville OR, and are looking for candidates who have the aptitude to learn several of the technical areas we are engaged in.  Our business is growing rapidly and we are looking to add to our Engineering Services Team.  Please post this on your recruiting website where you graduating students can view it.

Please let me know that you have received this email, and if you have any questions.

Many thanks in advance,

Mel Ellis
Operations Manager
IndustrialENET
http://www.industrialenet.com
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Office: 503-715-9837
Cell: 503-780-8463

 Electrical Engineer – Industrial Networks
IndustrialENET, Wilsonville OR

IndustrialENET is a systems house specializing in critical infrastructure protection.  Our industrial video surveillance and management systems provide seamless management of digital video, audio, and data across IP networks.  Our industrial high availability fault tolerant Ethernet networks, with multi-layer industrial backbone, routers, firewalls, and secure remote access devices offers full network health and security. With our perimeter security intrusion detection sensors and “beyond the perimeter” compact surveillance radar systems, advance video analytics, and fully digital public address and emergency sound systems, IndustrialEnet provides the most comprehensive security and surveillances options available today.

Opportunity
We are experiencing strong growth in our markets and need to add to our Engineering Services Group.  The successful candidate will design, program, commission, and maintain complex industrial network and video surveillance systems.  Some travel will be required.

Experience/Capabilities/Training
We are seeking an entry-level engineer who will thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment. The successful candidate will be a good learner and have the aptitude to become fluent in several of the following areas:

·         Information Technology

·         Network topology design, programming, and commissioning

·         Network security policy development, programming, commissioning, and maintenance

·         Network protocols of various layers commonly used in controls and industrial systems.

·         Evaluation of target goals of network systems, and development and design or selection of required electrical equipment to achieve those goals

·         Performing calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial and commercial applications

·         Ensuring that construction and installation of equipment and systems conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements

·         Use of computer-assisted engineering and design software (AutoCAD, Inventor) and equipment to perform engineering tasks

·         Creation of functional requirements for equipment to be used on our projects, including network switches, routers, servers, storage systems, cameras, PLC, UPS, wireless and I/O devices

·         Virtual computing, storage arrays, servers, and v-switches

·         Operating systems, Windows Server, Linux and OS X.

·         IP based video surveillance, access control, and security systems

·         Radar/camera slew to cue systems design, programming, and commissioning

·         Wireless systems design, programming, and commissioning

·         Voice over IP systems design, programming, and commissioning

Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, ABET accreditation preferred; or equivalent engineering experience.
Comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
Good written and verbal skills; strong work ethic and a team player.
Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Willingness to work in the field in both a team-based environment and independently.
Self-motivated, with the skill and discipline necessary to work to deadlines.

Compensation
Competitive salary based on knowledge and aptitude

Benefits
Medical and Dental Insurance
401(K) plan with employer matching
Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave