[Eecs-news-links] FW: Student Intern Position Available

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 16 12:00:32 PDT 2017

________________________________
From: Linda Kjemperud [lindak at tpud.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:10 AM
To: Batten, Tina
Subject: Student Intern Position Available

Hi Tina,

Greetings! My name is Linda and I work for Tillamook PUD.  We have a great summer internship opportunity for an Electrical Engineer student.  I’m reaching out to Oregon schools asking for assistance in helping share this job opportunity announcement.

Do you have a career board or a way to share this information with your students?  If so, the attached job vacancy announcement is attached for your use.  Also, please feel free to forward this to any appropriate staff member that can assist with this request.  Our target audience is for students in the electrical engineering program (power/distribution) who have completed (or will have) their junior year of school. The position is open and will stay open until filled.  The job vacancy announcement provides the information regarding qualifications, job duties and how to apply.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can offer.  Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Linda Kjemperud

Linda Kjemperud | HR Administrative Assistant
Tillamook People’s Utility District
A Consumer-Owned Electric Utility
P.O. Box 433 • 1115 Pacific Avenue • Tillamook, Oregon 97141
phone:  503.815-8638 | fax:  503.815-8649

Visit our website at www.tpud.org<http://www.tpud.org/> to learn more about Tillamook PUD.

Tillamook People's Utility District
Employment Opportunity
Engineering Internship
Summer 2017

Tillamook People's Utility District is an electric distribution utility providing quality, reliable service to approximately 21,000 customers in Tillamook County,Oregon. The District employs 81 full-time employees and is governed by a five-member elected Board of Directors.

Position Open:

Rate of Pay:
March  2, 2017 until filled

$21.00 Per Hour

Qualifications:             The ideal candidate will be at least 18 years of age,have earned a high school diploma or G.E.D., and have completed their junior year in a power related Electrical Engineering program.  Must possess a valid driver's license.

Projects will include, but are not limited to:
Phase Balancing
Analyze existing feeder balance and use modeling software to determine potential locations for improvements. Visit these locations to determine feasibility  and then prepare trouble calls for line crews.

SCADA
Prioritizing and setting alarms. General data cleanup.

Assist in updating the system model.

Reports to:       Derek Mickelson,Engineering Supervisor,Systems

To Apply:         The required fillable application form is located on our website at www.tpud.org, <http://www.tpud.org/> or contact Tillamook PUD at 1115 Pacific Avenue,PO Box 433,Tillamook,OR  97141or E-Mail: jobs at tpud.org. <mailto:jobs at tpud.org> In addition to the application, a resume and one letter of recommendation are required.

Eligibility:          Under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Tillamook PUD requires any person hired or rehired to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment on the date of hire.

Tillamook Peoples' Utility District is an equal opportunity provider and employer.