[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer Intern with Zynga in Eugene - Summer 2017

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 9 12:51:43 PST 2017

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Petersen, Bruce" <bruce.petersen at oregonstate.edu<mailto:bruce.petersen at oregonstate.edu>>
Date: March 9, 2017 at 8:41:26 AM PST
To: "Batten, Tina" <tina.batten at oregonstate.edu<mailto:tina.batten at oregonstate.edu>>
Subject: Software Engineer Intern with Zynga in Eugene - Summer 2017

Hi Tina,

Wanted you to know that Zynga recruiting for Software Engineering Internship in Eugene that is a full-time opportunity for 12 weeks – beginning June 19th. Here is a link to the posting on Beaver Careers: Software Engineer Intern with Zynga in Eugene<https://www.myinterfase.com/oregonstate/job_view.aspx?token=coMhM13T8dTO0WM0TioV5w%3d%3d>. <https://www.myinterfase.com/oregonstate/Job/Detail/dnJTZmsxdFU4Q2duU3RpelZtMUkrZjlaUjZGc2lHYWY3NVB4Y21OQWdQST01>
It would be great if you could highlight with CS students.

Thanks!
Bruce

Bruce Petersen
Internship and Employment Developer  | Career Development Center
Oregon State University
B008 Kerr | 541.737.4291
bruce.petersen at oregonstate.edu<mailto:bruce.petersen at oregonstate.edu>

17206 / Software Engineer Intern
Zynga<https://www.myinterfase.com/oregonstate/Employer/Detail/b3NPUm42eEJvVkZYaVdiS21IaUNKWng1Z3B5SmxGdXp1L1U4WE5sZmJkRT01>

About Zynga:
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S., Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences.

About our Software Engineering internship:
We’re currently searching for an Intern and Co-op Software Engineer for our Eugene, Oregon location. Whether it’s in our Web and Mobile Games Division, or in our Platform and Systems Division, Zynga's software engineers don't just develop some of the world's largest games, they deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, web technologies, and massive scalability. Like other companies facing explosive growth, Zynga faces a number of challenges—but many are unique to our situation: the large data requirements of online and mobile gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions. Zynga software engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front end, back end, and architecture roles.

Regardless of whether you are focused on front-end or back-end technologies (or both!), you can be assured that you’re working on various aspects of bringing our games ! to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
erks at Zynga:

We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
Yes, our internships are paid!
Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all breakfasts and lunches provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!

We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.

Qualifications:
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)

A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
Extensive programming experience in C++
Strong object-oriented skills preferred
Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
Exposure to game design and development experience (academic, employment, or personal) and Unity experience is a plus
Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
If you have a link that exhibits your work, be sure to include that in your application