[Eecs-news-links] Junior Thin-Film Process Engineer - MLD Technologies
Sumida, Gale Masako
gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 3 14:17:07 PST 2017
MLD Technologies, LLC
1000 South Bertelsen Road, Suite 14
Eugene, OR 97402
Junior Thin-Film Process Engineer
The Junior Thin-Film Process Engineer is a member of the MLD Engineering Group, reporting to the Group's Process Engineer. Core activities include multilayer coating analysis, substrate cleaning and deposition process development/qualification, post-coating inspection and data analysis, and process documentation. In addition, the Junior Process Engineer supports Program Management and the Production Group with technical guidance on assigned projects.
Minimum BS in engineering or related discipline, preferably in physics, optics, materials science, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
0-3 years; familiarity with thin-film coating technologies and metrology preferred.
* Consistent adherence to safety procedures, clean room protocols, and the 5S methodology of workplace orderliness and cleanliness.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated individual contributor, with good time management habits.
* Good computer competency, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, with some CAD (SolidWorks or AutoCAD) experience.
* Familiarity with mathematical, optical, or thin-film modeling software.
* Working knowledge of basic electrical circuits and electrical safety.
* Knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods is desirable.
* Experience with a common programming language (C, C++, or Visual Basic), LabVIEW, and SQL is also desirable.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
* Support deposition processes, metrology, and equipment maintenance in the pilot production of Ion Beam Sputtered thin-film optical coatings.
* Analyze and adjust multilayer thin-film coating designs.
* Design and efficiently execute process development experiments, analyze experimental data, and then implement and monitor the effect of process changes.
* Develop work instructions and procedures to enable consistent coating process performance.
* Routine monitoring of coating equipment and process output, identification of surface defects, analysis of root cause, and implementation of robust counter
Contact Mike Cumbo, General Manager, mcumbo at mldtech.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links