[Eecs-news-links] Junior Manufacturing Engineer - MLD Technologies
Sumida, Gale Masako
gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 3 14:17:03 PST 2017
MLD Technologies, LLC
1000 South Bertelsen Road, Suite 14
Eugene, OR 97402
Junior Manufacturing Engineer
The Junior Manufacturing Engineer is a member of the MLD Production Group, reporting to the Group's Manufacturing Engineer. Core activities include the initial review of technical specifications of new coating jobs, scheduling, working closely with Manufacturing Technicians to ensure that the correct documentation, tools, materials, and procedures are in place prior to execution, measurement of coated products, and the review of completed jobs. In addition, the Junior Manufacturing Engineer participates in quality-related teams, and is active in all aspects of production planning and scheduling.
Minimum BS in engineering or related discipline, preferably in manufacturing engineering, physics, optics, mechanical engineering, or materials science.
0-3 years; familiarity with thin-film coating deposition technologies preferred.
* Consistent adherence to safety procedures, clean room protocols, and the 5S methodology of workplace orderliness and cleanliness.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated individual contributor, with good time management habits.
* Good computer competency, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
* Experience with mathematical or thin-film modeling software desired.
* Knowledge of experimental design and statistical process control is also desirable.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
* Review specifications of new coating jobs for manufacturability.
* Initiate design of new tooling or modification of existing tooling.
* Generate concise work instructions and supporting documentation, review and evaluate production results, and maintain accurate files of all completed jobs.
* Work closely with Manufacturing Technicians to minimize technical issues during the production process, including substrate preparation, coating deposition, and post-coating metrology.
* Support statistical process control, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting of coating chambers and metrology tools, and continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation.
Contact Mike Cumbo, General Manager, mcumbo at mldtech.com<mailto:mcumbo at mldtech.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links