[Eecs-news-links] Full-time Job @ PMIC (Corvallis)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Jun 5 09:50:58 PDT 2017

From: Linda Engelbrecht [mailto:lindaengelbrecht at pmiclab.com]
<snip>

It's been a few years but I have a good employment opportunity that might fit some of your students.  I know a lot of your students may have already secured employment, but maybe you know of some people that are looking for a position in a smaller, local company..... <snip>

We are currently looking to hire a new or old grad to fill a critical position at PMIC.  We need someone having  excellent rapport and knowledge of LabView and instrumentation electronics to assist in our material science/testing projects.  Besides having some materials science background, a working knowledge of electronics for building/designing instrumentation for test systems is required.  We are hoping to replace a long-time employee who was a CS grad from OSU 17 years ago - over time, he amassed instrumentation skills and was our company's main LabView programmer.  All of our data processing is done in LabView and excel and we need someone who is truly proficient in LabView and open to learning many other practical laboratory skills, including participating in some testing.

This is a super-fun laboratory to work in and we get a lot of challenging projects.  We do lots of work for NASA, JPL, many national laboratories, aerospace research and then other, more standard, ASTM testing.  We do testing here that other facilities pass up because it requires specialized test system development and everyone needs to know their physics.  We also have a research division (two of us :)) and work on new characterization/measurement techniques.

Please let me know if you have any students that might be appropriate for this position.  We are interviewing immediately and would like to know about potential candidates as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Linda Engelbrecht
Engineer, Ph.D.
PMIC
(541) 753-0607
lindaengelbrecht at pmiclab.com<mailto:lindaengelbrecht at pmiclab.com>

Job Opportunities
TEST TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Test Technician
Job Summary:
An established materials testing laboratory is seeking a skilled technician to assist in testing advanced materials used in the aerospace industry and in other applications. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the physics of materials and have experience using laboratory test equipment.
Responsibilities/Duties:
The candidate will operate in a laboratory environment to prepare specimens, perform testing, and process test data. The candidate must have good technical skills, be able to keep good records, pay attention to detail, be able to thoroughly follow instructions, and have mechanical assembly aptitude. The candidate must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and work instructions. The candidate must be able to frequently stand, bend and extend to load test systems, and occasionally lift 40lbs. The candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Required Qualifications:
Proficiency with MS Office products
Strong skills in data processing/spreadsheet management
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Good written communication skills
Mechanical aptitude working with laboratory equipment
Preferred Qualifications:
BS in Science, Physics, Engineering, or related field
Knowledge of thermal and mechanical properties of materials
Ability to interpret electrical schematics
Experience with data acquisition systems and precision measurement instrumentation
Experience with control electronics including SSRs, process controllers, and power supplies
Pay: DOE
Contact: HR at pmiclab.com
http://www.pmiclab.com/about/job-opportunities