[Eecs-news-links] Opening @ Corvallis Company
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jan 10 16:55:00 PST 2017
The primary purpose of this position is to support the commercial scale-up of a first-of-kind reactor to be deployed at an industrial site. The Electrical / Electronics Engineer position is responsible for the integration and instrumentation of microwave RF power systems and equipment and the data acquisition and controls development/programming. This position requires the ability to quickly and effectively translate product requirements to usable, measurable design solutions.
· Frequent interaction with other engineering disciplines and functions is necessary
· The candidate should be able to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical startup company environment and work on cross-discipline projects
· The successful candidate will be responsible for assembling and testing prototype test circuitry associated with microwave power electronics in a laboratory setting.
· Working as part of a technical team that includes chemical, mechanical and process engineers, the candidate is/will be:
o Responsible for the integration and troubleshooting of system level electrical / electronics engineering components for future and existing projects
o Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms while interfacing with engineering and other cross-functional teams as required
o Design / specify / evaluate electrical assemblies needed for the delivery of microwaves to our custom applicators
o Design and set up test-bench experimental systems, perform extensive and careful experiments, collect and analyze data, and implement proposed improvements
· Bachelor in Physics, Mathematics, or Electrical / Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or equivalent
· Experience with analog and digital design circuitry assembly, proper test methodology, and systems integration
· Competency in the treatment of impedance matching, VSWR calculations, high power RF controls, and other analysis needed to develop microwave delivery systems
· Strong technical communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
· Experience with Matlab, Labview, Comsol or other engineering tools
· Excellent computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Office suite of tools
· Ability to prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously
· Ability to read and interpret engineering construction drawings including process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, electrical line drawings, general arrangement drawings etc.
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience in laboratory and/or testing environments
Relocation expenses are not authorized.
ECOKAP Technologies LLC is a start-up technology company dedicated to providing solutions to climate change concerns. After undergoing extensive laboratory and pilot scale testing of its technology, ECOKAP Technologies is focused on the deployment of its technology and is looking for support as we scale our systems to commercial scale products.
Dr. Paul E. King
President, ECOKAP Technologies, LLC
pking at ecokap.com<mailto:pking at ecokap.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links