[Eecs-news-links] Fwd: Looking for ResiSTORE Volunteers! (Formerly IEEE Store / Robotics Club Store)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jan 10 14:10:00 PST 2017

EECS Students,

I'm happy to announce that the Robotics Club is looking for volunteers for the ResiSTORE for Winter Term!

tl;dr The former IEEE Store and Robotics Club Store have become the ResiSTORE, an Electrical Engineering focused student-run store that is in the basement of Dearborn Hall. We're looking for volunteers! It's a great opportunity that can help you with your projects, provide a great learning opportunity, and it looks great on a resume!

What is the ResiSTORE?

The ResiSTORE (pronounced Resi-Store) is a volunteer-run electronics store located in the basement of Dearborn hall that serves the OSU community. It's been previously known as the "IEEE Store" and the "Robotics Club Store", and is now the "ResiSTORE". The store is curated by OSU Students to serve their needs, in addition to the rest of OSU's Research Labs other Electronics' needs. Visit our website (listed below) for more information on what is stocked.

Why should you volunteer? (That's right, we want you!)

There are many reasons to volunteer! They range from after-hours access to the store for your own projects to learning about Electronics (from customers and fellow volunteers), to input into the future of the store itself. Student volunteers are critical to the operation of the store.

Volunteering is fun, easy, educational, and it looks great on scholarship applications and resumes! A typical volunteer may work in the store for only one or two hours per week, although more is certainly welcome.

Robotics Club members get first pick for volunteering time slots, but volunteering is open to everyone of all majors!

How can you volunteer?

If you're interested in volunteering, please do the following:

1) Fill out this Volunteer Timeslots Doodle Poll: http://doodle.com/poll/6fcyndwx8f4877pp

2) Sign up for volunteer training: http://doodle.com/poll/2fskdecb22f39zry

If you have any questions, feel free to email OSURCstore at engr.orst.edu<mailto:OSURCstore at engr.orst.edu>.

Visit our new website https://resi.store<https://resi.store/> for more information!